× Members

I recommend Citizens Advice Bureau Help to Claim for managed migration to UC

More
4 days 11 hours ago #296058 by VIA
Hello,

I called Citizens Advice Bureau Help to Claim on the number given on my managed migration notice.

I asked if they could help me while I would do ( or start doing the migration notice online) but the adviser said normally it is best for them to do a benefit calculation beforehand.

They check what money I am on to check if I am going to lose money once migrated to UC, in which case the Transitional Protection comes in and makes up for the shortfall.

It was a thorough call asking about my name, address, dob, tel number, email, preferred method of contact, nationality, disabilities, the benefits I am on, if I had any savings, Council Tax band, that is about it.

The adviser was very nice.

I did not make the managed migration to UC there and then as she advises me to wait close to my coming benefits ( housing benefit, esa, child tax credit).
She went through the calendar and told me when the next payments would be and would stop.

After the call, as pre-agreed, the following day I got an email from the adviser.

- It has a reference number fo me to use if I need to call them again.

- it says Help to Claim will help me until I get my first payment
- and that they will support me with challenging any incorrect first payments
- and will help me with starting appeals if necessary

- there-below they listed my Legacy Benefits Calculations
. Child Tax Credit
Breakdown
and CTC payment per week

. ESA
Breakdown
And ESA payment per week

. Housing Benefit
Total paid per month £…
Total paid per wk £

Then underneath there is the:
UC Benefit Calculation
. With various breakdowns
- then UC payable per month £
- then UC payable per wk £

Transitional Protection (the Transitional Protection makes up for the shortfall of money once on UC)
- Transitional Protection payable per month £..
- Transitional Protection payable per month

I double checked the amounts and all were correct.

Then underneath there are lots of helpful information about the online journal, completing any tasks in the “ To Do” list etc etc

With the name of the Help to Claim adviser I talked to.

I forgot to say that while talking the adviser, when I mentioned my disabilities she is the one who said that in that case it may be best to go for a home interview visit or a phone interview instead of me going to the job centre.
I told her I preferred the phone interview but she said they may insist on the home visit instead.

I will wait and see what happens and keep you updated.

But I am very impressed with the Help to Claim adviser.

Best wishes
The following user(s) said Thank You: libra1
The topic has been locked.
More
4 days 2 hours ago #296065 by David
Hi VIA,

Thank you for this very helpful and detailed feedback. I previously have worked with Help to Claim advisers and thought that they did a good job.

David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.