× Members

irESA managed migration to UC

More
3 days 1 hour ago #296104 by BarbaraG
irESA managed migration to UC was created by BarbaraG
Hello - on 23rd Oct I sat with my autistic 50 yr old son while he struggled through his UC application. Being autistic, he is pedantic being unable to sidestep or move on until a query is answered to his satisfaction. Eventually his "To-do" list came up as empty so we thought we were home and dry. On 24th Oct he had two emails from DWP - the first telling him he was to attend an interview on 30th Oct and then two minutes later a further message telling him this appointment was cancelled. I assume this is how they work but to someone autistic the two minutes in between was long enough for panic and meltdown. Is this really how they work - do they have any idea of the condition of the people they are dealing with? I would be interested in anyone else's experience.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 days 21 hours ago #296108 by David
Replied by David on topic irESA managed migration to UC
Hi BarbarG,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Yes members have made many complaints about inconsistent treatment by the DWP. Currently members who have gone through a DWP medical and been found unfit for work are being asked by their new Work Coaches to report to the Jobcentre and look for jobs.
Usually once your Universal Credit claim has been established you don't get emails but messages on your UC journal and To Do's on your UC account. I would be interested to know who was sending the emails?

David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 days 13 hours ago #296128 by BarbaraG
Replied by BarbaraG on topic irESA managed migration to UC
Hello David - these messages came from "Do not Reply" at Universal Credit

From: Universal Credit <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>

I assume these messages are just churned out automatically with no thought for the mental state of the recipient.
Thanks once again for being there for us. Barbara Guiver

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.