- Posts: 7
× Members
AI response to DWP Tribunal response
- Earlbrutus
- Topic Author
- Away
Less More
17 hours 39 minutes ago #315865 by Earlbrutus
AI response to DWP Tribunal response was created by Earlbrutus
I am struggling to get my head around this. I have recieved the DWP pack response to my Tribunal, very late. A weighty document with everything I have submitted in regards to challenging the cut in my daughters PIP because she now attends University. There are so many issues I raised and challenged which have not been considered and also no reference to my complaint of how the PIP review phone call was handled - by a Physiotherapist . There are some bizarre spelling/grammar mistakes which seem so inappropriate. The document begins with addressing my daughter with her correct name ' Miss Moss' but partway through in the recent response and reasons for the decision for the Tribunal to be rebuked she is referred to as "Miss Biba". Her name is Biba Moss. Has anyone else experienced this? I have now requested that I attend the Tribunal (I had asked for a paper hearing as I have ADHD and struggle with verbal processing and am so anxious I will be overwhemled and not respond in the way I want to). | am so angry, this is perhaps good I do not know, I'm also petrified but I feel that I need to advocate for not just my daughter but other Autistic young people who cannot do this for themselves. I would really appreciate any feedback or comments xx
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- David
- Away
Less More
- Posts: 4211
1 hour 50 minutes ago #315871 by David
Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Replied by David on topic AI response to DWP Tribunal response
Hi Earlbrutus
My observation is that I strongly recommend you have someone such as an advocate accompany you to the hearing. I know of a case where the Appointee and disabled claimant both were asked to attend the hearing and under questioning in the stress of the moment gave conflicting answers to some questions which contributed to the negative outcome.
Local Citizens Advice and Community Money Advice can be helpful in this respect.
David
My observation is that I strongly recommend you have someone such as an advocate accompany you to the hearing. I know of a case where the Appointee and disabled claimant both were asked to attend the hearing and under questioning in the stress of the moment gave conflicting answers to some questions which contributed to the negative outcome.
Local Citizens Advice and Community Money Advice can be helpful in this respect.
David
Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Earlbrutus
- Topic Author
- Away
Less More
- Posts: 7
1 hour 25 minutes ago #315873 by Earlbrutus
Replied by Earlbrutus on topic AI response to DWP Tribunal response
Thankyou David, my daughter cannot attend the Tribunal she suffers from incredible social anxiety. She was asked to be present at the PIP review phone call even though I made it clear that when overwhelmed she can become unable to speak. She confirmed her name but thnhad an autistic meltdown as the reviewer insisted on me explaining in depth how after her Autism diagnosis and breakdown at 14 affected her whilst she was sitting next to me. I had to talk about issues which are so traumatic for her and about her fathers passing 3 years ago, it was so innapropriate and my daughter fled the room and hid in her bed with the curtains shut for the 1.20 minute review. All I could hear was her sobbing upstairs. I have sent all of these points and asked to make a formal complaint . In the DWP pack they sent there is no mention of the issues I raised. I am rather scared about attending the Tribunal so I will look into having someone there with me. Once again I really appreciate your message.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- David
- Away
Less More
- Posts: 4211
1 hour 19 minutes ago #315876 by David
Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Replied by David on topic AI response to DWP Tribunal response
Hi Earlbrutus
I hope you find it straightforward to get a companion/advocate for the Tribunal hearing.
You will need to inform the Tribunal that your daughter is unable to attend.
David
I hope you find it straightforward to get a companion/advocate for the Tribunal hearing.
You will need to inform the Tribunal that your daughter is unable to attend.
David
Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: latetrain, BIS, Catherine12345, Chris, David, Forum Moderator