× Members

Limited capability for work questionnaire (ESA)

• Jox
  • Topic Author
13 years 10 months ago #37401 by Jox
My friend who has recently had her dla stoped just reviced this through the post, shes already im recipty of esa and was told she would not have to attent any kind of interviews or medicles for 3 years having passed the introduction stage.

has anybody else had one of theese what is this for considering she is already getting esa?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #37411 by Gordon
Jox

The "grace" period is just an advisory, the DWP can ignore it as they wish. It is possible that it linked to their loss of DLA that you mentioned.

Unfortunately you friend needs to complete and reutrun what I assume is an ESA50 form. There is help on how to do this in the Members section, that explains the best way to do this.

Can I ask why your friend lost their DLA, as I said above, this may have an effect on their ESA claim?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Jox
  • Topic Author
13 years 10 months ago #37412 by Jox
Just having a quick look through i have a few questions as some things are not clear

For example it asks if you can walk on level ground yes or no

Well she cant walk any distance at all without sever discomfort and pain but if she has no choice then she can techicly walk.

2: can you go up and down stairs if there is no hand rail

yes, no, or it varies

again she cant go up or down stairs safley without difficulty and without pain, but if she has no choice then technicly yes she can.

it dosent seem right just ticking yes to every question when they dont asked if she has any difficuly or experiences pain doing so

More
13 years 10 months ago #37413 by Gordon
Jox

Have a look at the guides in the Members section, they eplain how to factor in pain in to the answers for the ESA50.

If you still have questions, then please come back to the forum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.