× Members

'invitation' to a work focus interview

More
13 years 1 week ago #55963 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:'invitation' to a work focus interview
suzanne

I think the first thing to say is that this has nothing to do with you being transferred to ESA, the WFI is not part of that process.

The rules regarding attendance at WFIs is complicated as different rules apply depending on what benefit you are receiving and when your claim started.

The bottom line, is however, if you are unable to show that you are exempt, then you must attend or you run the risk of having your benefit sanctioned.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #55966 by suzanne
Replied by suzanne on topic Re:'invitation' to a work focus interview
Yes chaotic - that are acting as if they have already collected evidence which they think puts me in teh WRAC group without telling me or asking me to complete the questionnaire

More
13 years 1 week ago #55967 by suzanne
DAve can you look at my frantic posts of this evening and answer these questions:

Do you only have to go to a Work focused interview if you have been put in the WRAC group?

As I have never completed a quesionnaire and they have never notified me that they have done an assessment without my knowledge, does this mean they have reached that decision from something the GP filled in, again without my knowledge?

Is this a point I can object to and appeal gathereing my own evidence?

Should I still attend the interview?

Please, please respond tonight - I am seeing my GP tomorrow.

SUz

More
13 years 1 week ago #55968 by suzanne
1) How can I show I am exempt - doesnt beng on highest rate care and mobility DLA make me exempt.

2) Do you mean I should get information from my GP and send it to them? Which form wold I need to download?

More
13 years 1 week ago #55970 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:'invitation' to a work focus interview
The response in my last post still stands.

As you were previously exempt from attending for WFIs, the burden of proof rests with the DWP and not with the claimant to prove that you now need to attend for interview.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 1 week ago #55973 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:'invitation' to a work focus interview
suzanne

Let's try and go back to basics.

Do you only have to go to a Work focused interview if you have been put in the WRAC group?

WFIs are used for almost all benefits, the Incapacity Benefit that you are receiving, ESA, Income Support because of illness, even Carers Allowance has WFIs.

As I have never completed a quesionnaire and they have never notified me that they have done an assessment without my knowledge, does this mean they have reached that decision from something the GP filled in, again without my knowledge?

You have not been transferred to ESA, they cannot do this without you participating in the process.

Is this a point I can object to and appeal gathereing my own evidence?

There is nothing for you to appeal, so don't worry about that at the moment.

When did you start claiming IB?

When were you last invited to a WFI, the one that you were exempted from?

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.