× Members

Meniers sufferer

• bro58
12 years 8 months ago #64632 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Meniers sufferer
jclassic1 wrote:

bro58,you got it bang on.
I have made an appointment to see my doctor on Monday at 4pm and see if he is willing to carry on giving me certificates whilst I am appealing.Going to ring the DWP today and try and find out what is happening.
My condition affects my right ear but my left seems to be going also.My hearing is getting worse almost daily and find it very difficult to understand conversation.

Great support on here--thanks to everyone.

John

Hope all works out well John.

Let us know.

cheers

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jclassic1
  • Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #64638 by jclassic1
Replied by jclassic1 on topic Re:Meniers sufferer
Rang the DWP today and was told that my benefit should not have been stopped and also that at the bottom of the letter sent to my doctor about not issuing me with any more certificates there was a bit about if he thought my problems still exsists then he can give me a certificate.I will mention this on Monday when I see him.
The DWP also said I can have my payment back dated if the doctor is willing to give a back dated certificate.I know my doctor won,t do this but at least I should get my benefit re-enstated once they receive a new certificate.

John

• bro58
12 years 8 months ago #64642 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Meniers sufferer
jclassic1 wrote:

Rang the DWP today and was told that my benefit should not have been stopped and also that at the bottom of the letter sent to my doctor about not issuing me with any more certificates there was a bit about if he thought my problems still exsists then he can give me a certificate.I will mention this on Monday when I see him.
The DWP also said I can have my payment back dated if the doctor is willing to give a back dated certificate.I know my doctor won,t do this but at least I should get my benefit re-enstated once they receive a new certificate.

John

It looks like you are getting somewhere John.

Many G.P.'s can, and do back date Med Certs, so it is possible.

If you feel your G.P. is not as supportive as you would expect, have you thought about seeing another within the practice.

Just don't say anything derogatory about one, to another.

good luck

bro58

• jclassic1
  • Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #64901 by jclassic1
Replied by jclassic1 on topic Re:Meniers sufferer
I saw my doctor at 4pm yesterday and he has given me a certificate for 13 weeks.He would not back date it but I didn't think he would.I have also received a reply from Atos about my complaint about the way the assessment was handled.They have said they will investigate the points I brought up.

Time to wait and see what happens.

John

• RachelPotter
12 years 8 months ago #64907 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Meniers sufferer
Hope everything sorts itself out positively for you John.

Best wishes,
Rachel

• Catherine
12 years 8 months ago #64942 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Re:Meniers sufferer
Hi John.

I wonder why your GP did not give you a back-dated sick-note (I'm sorry i can't bear to call them fit-notes!) - especially as the DWP have admitted an error and stated that your money would be back-dated if there was a sick-note put in place to cover that period?

Obviously it is your choice whether you persue this further with your GP, or as Bro58 suggests, another one in the practice, but it really doesn't seem very helpful and you are losing out financially.

Anyway - good luck with it all and your complaint.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.