× Members

Leter about home visit

• bro58
12 years 8 months ago #65185 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Leter about home visit
lester wrote:

I have been waiting for an appointment for a face to face, or a decision, what is this for? are they checking up on me? is this instead of a face to face? I just want to know what its for, is it to help decide what group i will be in? Ihave nothing to hide and they are quite welcome in my home, I just need to know why are they doing it.

Lester, I can see you are quite distressed re this visit.

It can not be instead of a face to face, as that is carried out by an ATOS HCP.

As for having to provide ID, this is normal procedure now by officials visiting your home.

Housing Associations even request it on a home visit even if one has been a tenant for many years.

The only way to find out what the visit is pertaining to is for you to make contact with the address on the letter, explain how much anxiety this is causing, by not knowing the purpose of the visit.

hope this helps

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #65206 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Leter about home visit
lester wrote:

I have been waiting for an appointment for a face to face, or a decision, what is this for? are they checking up on me? is this instead of a face to face? I just want to know what its for, is it to help decide what group i will be in? Ihave nothing to hide and they are quite welcome in my home, I just need to know why are they doing it.

Hi Lester

If it is a customer compliance visit, it will not be connected with your medical/face-to-face but a check that you satisfy the non-medical conditions to entitlement.

Compliance Officers usually refuse to tell you over the phone what the interview is about but you shouldn't have anything to worry about. It may just be a routine check to certify that the information they have is correct and they usually ask standard questions about income, savings, other benefits, etc.

Regards

Derek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.