× Members

Big Gross Error in ESA

• bro58
12 years 4 months ago #76622 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Big Gross Error in ESA
Dorset-angel wrote:

I am appealing ATOS saying i am fit for work, i was placed in the WRAG to start with 2 years ago, but now got a diagnosis with my other illnesses, so i had to attend a medical with ATOS and failed. So i had been going to the job centre before - but this time i will stand firm and i do meet the requirements as evidence has been given by my doctor, occupational health worker, consultant and support worker of which my support worker sent to them, but they still say i have to attend court. If i am honest the system is dreadful and people with disabilities and illnesses for me it is becoming increasingly making me poorly. No one knows what the other one is doing, i have never had to claim benefits as i worked all my life, but these last 2 years have made me worse if i am honest, the whole system needs re-shaping and reorganising. I am struck down with flu and pharyngitis at present - i am not suprised i have this after the last few weeks of what i have had to tolerate. I am not going to the job centre and told them this as i am appealing against their decision and if they had to stop my money than go ahead. So far they haven't but my support worker is back from holiday tomorrow - so i am hoping to see her next week to sort this mess out.

Hi DA,

I was also wondering why you say that you are only receiving £65/Week, when the current ESA Assessment Rate for an adult is £67.50, see here :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=view&catid=13&id=39796

Scroll down to Employment and Support Allowance.

On the premise that you are appealing a "fit for work" decision, and are also providing Med Certs (fit notes) to the DWP issued by your G.P., this assessment rate of ESA is what you should be receiving.

Further, you should not take the original WRAG award that you received on your first ESA Assessment into account, as from what you say, you were re-assessed as "fit for work", this is then the award decision that you are appealing.

I really feel that you need some good face to face advice on this issue, as there does seem to be some anomalies.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dorset-angel
  • Topic Author
12 years 4 months ago #76625 by Dorset-angel
Replied by Dorset-angel on topic Re:Big Gross Error in ESA
Regarding the first award of WRAG this is what the adviser said because i have been going to the job centre whilst i was on the WRAG i would have to continue whilst i was appealing. I then said my worker is aiming to get me in the support group. He said i would still have to attend as he has people from the support group attending, which i find weird!

But you are right, i need to speak to my worker next week and also when i complained to the chief executive - a lady who has stated, there is no chief executive of DWP and complaints are issued to staff to deal with, so my worker will need to contact her as she gave my friend her direct number, although we have not rang it as yet! But she was supposed to be getting in touch with tribunal to re-send forms out to me with my correct address. As far as i am aware they may be still sending them to my old address!!

System is very confusing and very confusing for people with an illness. Thank you Bro 58 - hopefully i will have success out of this and let you know.

• bro58
12 years 4 months ago #76627 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Big Gross Error in ESA
Dorset-angel wrote:

Regarding the first award of WRAG this is what the adviser said because i have been going to the job centre whilst i was on the WRAG i would have to continue whilst i was appealing. I then said my worker is aiming to get me in the support group. He said i would still have to attend as he has people from the support group attending, which i find weird!

But you are right, i need to speak to my worker next week and also when i complained to the chief executive - a lady who has stated, there is no chief executive of DWP and complaints are issued to staff to deal with, so my worker will need to contact her as she gave my friend her direct number, although we have not rang it as yet! But she was supposed to be getting in touch with tribunal to re-send forms out to me with my correct address. As far as i am aware they may be still sending them to my old address!!

System is very confusing and very confusing for people with an illness. Thank you Bro 58 - hopefully i will have success out of this and let you know.

Hi DA,

The information that Gordon and I have given you regarding attending WFI's whilst appealing a "fit for work" decision, or a WRAG award to be placed in the SG still stands.

With regards to attending WFI's or WRA whilst in The Support Group, I can state categorically that you can not be compelled to attend WFI's or WRA whilst in the SG, you can participate voluntarily if you wish.

bro58

• Dorset-angel
  • Topic Author
12 years 4 months ago #77684 by Dorset-angel
Replied by Dorset-angel on topic Re:Big Gross Error in ESA
Further to the Big Gross Error on ESA, i wrote to the Chief Executive of the JCP, also wrote to the Parliamentary health service Ombudsman, wrote to my MP. I heard back from JCP from a lady who said there is no Chief executive of JCP but admitted liability. I haven't heard anything from my MP whatsoever! Today i gets a letter from the parliamentary health services Ombudsman passing the buck and stating i need to contact Chief Executive and MP = anyone advise of my next move, as fed up with going around circles in my life and it is become tiresome.

I am still on the appeal rate of ESA now 7 months down the line and on ringing the lady who is dealing with my case, says she is waiting for to hear from the Judge - anyone know how to speed things up, as i was supposed to be on fast track, feel now like i am on an intercity 125 reversing.

• michaelg
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #77686 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re:Big Gross Error in ESA
Dorset-angel wrote:

Further to the Big Gross Error on ESA, i wrote to the Chief Executive of the JCP, also wrote to the Parliamentary health service Ombudsman, wrote to my MP. I heard back from JCP from a lady who said there is no Chief executive of JCP but admitted liability. I haven't heard anything from my MP whatsoever! Today i gets a letter from the parliamentary health services Ombudsman passing the buck and stating i need to contact Chief Executive and MP = anyone advise of my next move, as fed up with going around circles in my life and it is become tiresome.

I am still on the appeal rate of ESA now 7 months down the line and on ringing the lady who is dealing with my case, says she is waiting for to hear from the Judge - anyone know how to speed things up, as i was supposed to be on fast track, feel now like i am on an intercity 125 reversing.

Hi

The Chief Executive of JCP is Darra Singh. I have posted a link to DWP website below -

www.dwp.gov.uk/contact-us/

Its normal practice for an Ombudsman to ask that your go through your MP. Please see here -

www.ombudsman.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ho...sman-can-investigate
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by michaelg. Reason: text edited

• michaelg
12 years 4 months ago #77715 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re:Big Gross Error in ESA
Mod edit - It would appear the CEO post was abolished Sepember 2011. The minister for DWP is Iain Duncan Smith Secretary of State for Work & Pensions, Contact link below -

www.dwp.gov.uk/contact-us/

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.