× Members

Statement of reasons

• carolbryan
12 years 2 days ago #86040 by carolbryan
Replied by carolbryan on topic Re:Statement of reasons
Could you please try and help me I have been put in the wrag group and have appealed via the cab but as I have heard nor thing I wondered if the dwp have a time limit to which they to respond thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
12 years 2 days ago #86041 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:Statement of reasons
carolbryan wrote:

Could you please try and help me I have been put in the wrag group and have appealed via the cab but as I have heard nor thing I wondered if the dwp have a time limit to which they to respond thank you

Hi,

Although the DWP do have a theoretical time limit to acknowledge receipt, due to the volume of appeals etc going through the system they frequently miss time targets for responding to claimants.

You could always ring and ask if they have received your appeal papers, or if you or the CAB sent it in, was it sent via recorded/special delivery which should allow you to track when it was delivered to the DWP?

Pete

More
12 years 2 days ago #86045 by mike
Replied by mike on topic Re:Statement of reasons
Hi Mrs Hurtyback
When i received the ESA85 medical report i also had a ESA56(although i beleive this is usually an ESA65)
The title of the ESA56 i have is Worksheet for the Work Capability Assessment
This is what i think is known as the decision makers report.

On the second page it has details of the point scores for all the descriptors.
Customers points(that is what Atos Calls us)
HCP points
Decision Makers points

The next 2 pages is information from the decision maker(mine is mainly sentences from the ESA85 turned into paragraphs by the decision maker.
Mike

More
12 years 2 days ago #86046 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:Statement of reasons
Thanks Pete and Mike, I really was starting to think that I had got hold of the wrong end of the stick!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Issie
12 years 2 days ago - 12 years 2 days ago #86048 by Issie
Replied by Issie on topic Re:Statement of reasons
I too have submitted an appeal - took them three weeks to acknowledge it (that was in Feb) and they said they would review it again - not heard anything since - so rang them last week - they are so bogged down with appeals that it will be end of May before they decide to put son in support group or it goes to tribunal - meanwhile gathering evidence here - just in case:-) - they did say that they were snowed under they are 'reviewing the system' whatever that means again
Last edit: 12 years 2 days ago by Gordon.

More
12 years 1 day ago #86052 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:Statement of reasons
I had a long and frustrating phone conversation with someone from DWP this morning. Foolishly, I was so fed-up with her that I didn't make a note of her name :blush:

She gave me a patronising lecture about WRAG and WFI and seemed to keep missing the point - which was that I had put in a SAR request and only received a copy of my ESA85, hence I wanted the other paperwork associated with my claim.

Eventually we got to the crux of the matter when I asked how the Decision Maker had made the decision. She said that files are no longer passed to Decision Makers 'We look at the medical reports and decide ourselves what to do'. Hence there is no SOR produced, no Decision Maker's scoresheet etc. For this reason, she claimed that the only data they hold on me is the ESA85 (what about the ESA50 that I sent in? :huh: ).

Does this sound possible? If so, does it go against any guielines for how the system is supposed to work? It certainly explains why people have had such trouble getting hold of the SOR!! :angry:

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.