× Members

08000232635 who is this call from?

• Topic Author
11 years 8 months ago - 3 years 2 weeks ago #90418 by
Moderator's note: 0800 0232635 is a number used by the DWP for outbound calls in connection with the work capability assessment, including calls about your transfer from incapacity benefit to employment and support allowance (ESA). Find out more about the WCA and the difference our guides can make here .

hi,

hope someone can give me some advice as i am long term ib,
i got a letter last week saying my benefit will be changing and will be considered for esa, but they must contact me by phone.
i have had this telephone muber 08000232635 calling me today, i was out, i done a quick check and it appers it is the dwp.

do i have to answer the phone atall?

if i do not anwer will they simpy post out my assesment form to me?

thanks for any help,
Last edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by Steve D.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 3 years 2 weeks ago #90419 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re: 08000232635 who is this call from?
This call is simply to tell you about the system and see if you have any questions. The process will roll on, whether or not you answer.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 8 months ago - 3 years 2 weeks ago #90421 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:08000232635 who is this call from?
See:-

The Transfer Process.

You do not have to speak to either Atos or the DWP on the telephone about your impending transfer to ESA. The ESA50 form will be automatically sent to you in due course, in the absence of any telephone contact.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

11 years 8 months ago - 3 years 2 weeks ago #90423 by
treeman wrote:

hi,

hope someone can give me some advice as i am long term ib,
i got a letter last week saying my benefit will be changing and will be considered for esa, but they must contact me by phone.
i have had this telephone muber 08000232635 calling me today, i was out, i done a quick check and it appers it is the dwp.

do i have to answer the phone atall?

if i do not anwer will they simpy post out my assesment form to me?

thanks for any help,

Hi tm,

It is possible to go through the whole process without telephone contact if you so wish, however please be aware that it may well be to your advantage to talk to the DWP Decision Maker over the phone, regarding your award of ESA in the latter stages of the ESA WCA.

These links may be helpful :

IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

ESA FAQ’s

ESA Guides

bro58

Mod Edit : Posted same time as other Mods, please see their comments also.

More
2 years 8 months ago #262631 by Angel
Replied by Angel on topic 08000232635 who is this call from?
Hi to update! Had a phone call from this number this morning.
It was to inform me about my SDP backpay. (Your thread came up when I googled the number).
I didn’t pick up the first time, but they phoned again soon after my google.
* Writing this as I went into a WCA panic*
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288707 by Joulesss
Replied by Joulesss on topic 08000232635 who is this call from?
Call from this number today that left no message. As my PIP has been in Reward Review for nearly 5 months thought I'd better call. The agent said there was nothing on file that showed a call and nothing that suggested there would be.

Interestingly they said that reviews were now taking a year! As my award would run out before then I queried. Apparently they are just extending until the Review has been dealt with.

They also said that mine was the fourth they had with the same query of a call received with what appeared to be no reason. They would now raise with their line managers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.