× Members

esa form time limit to send it back

• ScottishQuine
  • Topic Author
11 years 3 months ago #98139 by ScottishQuine
Replied by ScottishQuine on topic esa form time limit to send it back
Thanks Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ScottishQuine
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98737 by ScottishQuine
Hi,
I requested medical evidence from my Doctor, Nurse, etc and wondered if when I receive these should I send the originals in with my appeal forms or only photocopies of them?

I haven't yet asked for the Statement of Reasons.

When filling the GL24 and adding any extra notes, how will I know why I have been placed in the WRAG group instead of the support group?
How can I find out which descriptors I failed on?

Does anybody know how many overall points a person needs to qualify for the support group?
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98740 by

ScottishQuine wrote: Hi,
I requested medical evidence from my Doctor, Nurse, etc and wondered if when I receive these should I send the originals in with my appeal forms or only photocopies of them?

When filling the GL24 and adding any extra notes, how will I know why I have been placed in the WRAG group instead of the support group?

Does anybody know how many overall points a person needs to qualify for the support group?

Hi SQ,

It is always advisable to send copies to The DWP/ATOS, you then have the originals if a Tribunal wants to see them, or if anyone queries their authenticity.

It is highly unlikely that there will be a Statement of Reasons, these only tend to be written where a fit for work decision is made. (Otherwise known as an ESA65)

There will be an ESA85A Report if you did not have a "Medical" or an ESA85 if you did have a face to face. There should also be an LT54, you "may" be able to glean the information that you require from these. There could also be an : ESA72 Form .

Here is a list of potentially available : ESA Forms

See also : ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

You can request the above by ringing The Benefits Office that deals with your ESA, however we advise that such a verbal request is backed up in writing. Further, you may want to make this written request formal, using a SAR, which can be downloaded, filled in and printed off from here :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

To cover all bases, it may be best to request all ESA documentation that was used in coming to the decision.

Do not miss your one month deadline to return your GL24, if the above have not arrived, you can always make a note of this fact in the GL24, and provide further evidence when you receive them.

To be placed into The WRAG, you need to obtain 15 points or more across all the WRAG descriptors, see :

WRAG (LCW) Descriptors

The SG Descriptors are not actually points based, although some of them do correspond to several of The WRAG Descriptors that score the maximum 15 points, you only have to fulfill one or more of The SG Descriptors to qualify, as you will see :

SG (LCWRA) Descriptors

See also :

Qualifying for the WRAG

Qualifying for the Support Group

ESA Claims Guides

ESA FAQ’s

Appeals FAQ’s

bro58

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98741 by

bro58 wrote:

ScottishQuine wrote: Hi,

Hi SQ,

It is always advisable to send copies to The DWP/ATOS, you then have the originals if a Tribunal wants to see them, or if anyone queries their authenticity.

It is highly unlikely that there will be a Statement of Reasons, these only tend to be written where a fit for work decision is made. (Otherwise known as an ESA65)

There will be an ESA85A Report if you did not have a "Medical" or an ESA85 if you did have a face to face. There should also be an LT54, you "may" be able to glean the information that you require from these. There could also be an : ESA72 Form .

Here is a list of potentially available : ESA Forms

See also : ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

You can request the above by ringing The Benefits Office that deals with your ESA, however we advise that such a verbal request is backed up in writing. Further, you may want to make this written request formal, using a SAR, which can be downloaded, filled in and printed off from here :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

To cover all bases, it may be best to request all ESA documentation that was used in coming to the decision.

Do not miss your one month deadline to return your GL24, if the above have not arrived, you can always make a note of this fact in the GL24, and provide further evidence when you receive them.

To be placed into The WRAG, you need to obtain 15 points or more across all the WRAG descriptors, see :

WRAG (LCW) Descriptors

The SG Descriptors are not actually points based, although some of them do correspond to several of The WRAG Descriptors that score the maximum 15 points, you only have to fulfill one or more of The SG Descriptors to qualify, as you will see :

SG (LCWRA) Descriptors

See also :

Qualifying for the WRAG

Qualifying for the Support Group

ESA Claims Guides

ESA FAQ’s

Appeals FAQ’s

bro58

Hi SQ,

Just to add,

The important issue, when appealing is to go into detail of how and why you qualify for The SG, this may involve reiterating evidence that you have already provided, or drawing reference to fresh evidence that you may obtain.

When your GL24 is submitted you will receive an automatic reconsideration by a different DWP DM, therefore if you wish any fresh evidence to be taken into account at this stage, you should forward it to The DWP, ASAP.

See also : Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

There is also an ESA Appeals Guide on the page from the ESA Claims Guides link that I have previously provided.

bro58

• ScottishQuine
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98753 by ScottishQuine
Thanks bro58,
Sorry if I'm coming across as thick :blush: but does one have to fit all descriptors for the support group before being placed in SG or is it enough just to have some of them?
I cannot walk at all unless someone physically holds me up and even then my legs buckle and I'd fall If someone wasn't holding me.
I cannot propel a manual wheelchair at all, due to severe arthritis in my hands.
So would these two things be enough to get into support group?

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98754 by

ScottishQuine wrote: Thanks bro58,
Sorry if I'm coming across as thick :blush: but does one have to fit all descriptors for the support group before being placed in SG or is it enough just to have some of them?
I cannot walk at all unless someone physically holds me up and even then my legs buckle and I'd fall If someone wasn't holding me.
I cannot propel a manual wheelchair at all, due to severe arthritis in my hands.
So would these two things be enough to get into support group?

Hi SQ,

You only have to fulfill ONE of the SG Descriptor Activities, to qualify for The SG.

However, you should reference any that you feel that you fulfill.

e.g. Activity 2. :

" 2. Transferring from one seated position to another.

Cannot move between one seated position and another seated position located next to one another without receiving physical assistance from another person."

Would also be pertinent to Activity 1. with respect to transferring to a manual wheelchair, unaided :

"1. Mobilising unaided by another person with or without a walking stick, manual wheelchair or other aid if such aid can reasonably be used.

Cannot either:
(a)

mobilise more than 50 metres on level ground without stopping in order to avoid significant discomfort or exhaustion; or

(b)

repeatedly mobilise 50 metres within a reasonable timescale because of significant discomfort or exhaustion.

You only have to fulfill either (a) or (b) at Activity 1. not both.

I obviously couldn't comment on whether your limitations would qualify you for The SG, I'm afraid that is upto the DM.

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.