× Members

WRAG without medical

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago #101002 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic WRAG without medical

Sam wrote: Update.

Must be some sort of record,told yesterday i fit the Criteria for Support.
Got an ESA85A form today.

Can one of the Mods please have a look at this.Am i right in thinking,that
the ATOS health personfilled in this ESA85A form back in
the 11th of January after looking at my ESA50 form i filled in,and decided
i dont meet the Support critera?Then on reconsideration the Decision Maker
said i did meet the Support Critera

Here is a copy of the bits of the ESA85A form...that matters anyway,for
yous to look at.If you just want to post a relply without all the ESA85A form..
That is fine.Sorry for it being a little long.

Cheers
Sam

Advice
I advise that the person meets the criteria for having limited capability for work.
Prognosis
I advise that work is unlikely within 2 years.
Justification of Advice
The available evidence from the ESA50 and Med 3 has been used to give advice in this case,
The available evidence suggests that the client has a significant level of disability due to right leg amputation and
haemochromatosis, such that they would have rimited capability for work.
Although the ESA50 indicates supporl group for mobilising the medication indicated is standard and therefore
support group criteria is unlikely to be met.
ESA50 indicates support group in some of the mental health sections of the form howeverthese appearto be related
to physical problems.
The available evidence does not suggest that death within 6 months is likely to occur.
From the available evidence the ciient is not currently receiving or recovering from intravenous, intraperitoneal or
intrathecal chemotherapy. They are also unlikely to receive such treatment in the next 6 months,
As the client is male, issues related to pregnancy are not relevant.
The available evidence does not suggest there would be substantial mental or physical risk if the client were found
capable of work related activity.
The available evidence does not suggest that the client has severely restricted musculo-skeletal or cardio-respiratory
function, such that they would be unable to mobilise more than 50 metres, or transfer between seats without
assistance from another person.
The availablb evidence suggests the client is likely to be able to raise an arm as if to reach a top pocket, pick up and
move a 0.5litre carton of liquid, press a button and turn the pages of a book.
The available evidence suggests that the client would be able to both 6onvey and understand a simple message,

Justification of Advice
The available evidence indicates that the client does not have a stoma. They are also unlikely to experience loss of
control leading to extensive evacuation of the bowel or voiding of the bladder, requiring them to clean themselves
and change clothing at least weekly.
The available evidence does not suggest the client has a mental disorder or cognitive impairment that would prevent
them from learning how to complete a simple task, or completing at least two sequential personal actions.
The available evidence suggests that the client does not have reduced awareness of hazards, likely to lead to a
significant risk of injury to self or others, or damage to property or possessions.
The available evidence does not suggest the client has a mental disorder or cognitive impairment, such that they
could not cope with any change to the extent that day to day life cannot be managed.
The available evidence does not suggest the client cannot engage in any social contact due to difficulty relating to
others, or to their own significant distress, due to cognitive impairment or mental disorder.
The available evidence does not suggest the client has cognitive impairment or a mental disorder leading to daily
episodes of aggressive or disinhibited behaviour, which are uncontrollable and would be unreasonable in any
workplace.
The available evidence suggests that the client's physical and mental function is at a level which would allow them to
feed themselves, and chew and swallow independently.
Declaration
This form has been completed by a heafthcare profession al apprcved by the Secretary of State for Work and
Pensrbns.
I have completed this form in accordance with ihe current guidance to ESA heaithcare professionals as issued by the
Department for Work and Pensions.
I can confirm that there is no harmful information in the report other than indicated.
Healthcare Professional's Name Mrs xxx (Registered Nurse)
Approved Disabil ity Analyst Date 11 January 2013

cheers
Sam

Hi S,

Yes that does seem to be the case, in that the DM does feel that you meet LCWRA, rather than LCW as The "Nurse" advises.

Pretty standard ESA85A really, a lot of "Assumptions" I particularly like this one

" Although the ESA50 indicates supporl group for mobilising the medication indicated is standard and therefore support group criteria is unlikely to be met."

You could meet SG criteria without being on any prescribed meds.

Thanks for posting, may enlighten other members.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101015 by samperuso1
Replied by samperuso1 on topic WRAG without medical
Thanks for clearing that up bro.

Happy to help inlighten others.

How can she say i am unable to walk 50 meters...she never seen me face to face :whistle:

Will still be requesting the other information that helped the Decision maker put me in Support.would be nice to see in writing how he over ruled the ATOS nurse.

Soon as i have anything...I will post.

Thanks for all the help over the last few months guys.
Without the B & W i could not have done it.

Many Thanks
Sam
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101017 by bro58

Sam wrote: Thanks for clearing that up bro.

How can she say i am unable to walk 50 meters...she never seen me face to face :whistle:

Will still be requesting the other information that helped the Decision maker put me in Support.would be nice to see in writing how he over ruled the ATOS nurse.

Many Thanks
Sam

Hi S,

Thanks for the kind words we do appreciate positive feedback. :)

The LT54 should provide information as to how and why the reconsidering DM decided that you have LCWRA.

The fastest turn around that I am aware of was with a close relative.

Received Decision Notice for WRAG on the Wednesday, rang up the DWP number the same day, several calls to uniformed "Call Responders" eventually managed to speak to a DM on the Friday morning, DM rang back Friday afternoon WRAG award changed to SG.

The ESA85A was sent the day after the Decision Notice, without having to request it, with an apologetic letter advising that the relative could appeal.

It is like they were expecting a challenge. :laugh:

This is not the norm by the way, just goes to show how quickly they can change their decisions.

bro58

More
11 years 1 month ago #101033 by samperuso1
Replied by samperuso1 on topic WRAG without medical

bro58 wrote:

Many Thanks
Sam

Hi S,

The LT54 should provide information as to how and why the reconsidering DM decided that you have LCWRA.

Received Decision Notice for WRAG on the Wednesday, rang up the DWP number the same day, several calls to uniformed "Call Responders" eventually managed to speak to a DM on the Friday morning, DM rang back Friday afternoon WRAG award changed to SG.

The ESA85A was sent the day after the Decision Notice, without having to request it, with an apologetic letter advising that the relative could appeal.

This is not the norm by the way, just goes to show how quickly they can change their decisions.

bro58

Now that is quick.

Yes they can get the finger out when it suits them...if only they could get the
thair decisions right...we would be home and dry lol.

Get my access request filled out for monday.Realy would love to have a look at that LT54 form.
Wonder if that will be as quick to turn up...doubt it.

Must be great being a relative of yours...i wouldint log on i would have you on speed dial :laugh: :laugh:

Sam :)

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago #101034 by bro58

Sam wrote:

bro58 wrote:

Many Thanks
Sam

Hi S,

bro58

Now that is quick.

Yes they can get the finger out when it suits them...if only they could get the
thair decisions right...we would be home and dry lol.

Get my access request filled out for monday.Realy would love to have a look at that LT54 form.
Wonder if that will be as quick to turn up...doubt it.

Must be great being a relative of yours...i wouldint log on i would have you on speed dial :laugh: :laugh:

Sam :)

That's why I have an answering machine :laugh: :laugh:

Keep us updated.

bro58

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101071 by Derekq
Replied by Derekq on topic WRAG without medical
Hi Sam
Sorry so slow at saying thank you for your kind reply, I for one am pleased for you and your Family that you have now gained SG :)

Also the thread which I am sure will aid others on this forum to find the strength to carry through there appeal as you have.

The ESA85A makes interisting reading, my ESA85A sound simular in wording, its almost robotic like as I am sure there are many people who have simular wording on there ESA85A's too, its all like the "Stepford Wives" dont know if your old enough to recall that !!!

Thanks again for the informative posts ...

Mrs HB
Wow 6 months wait !!! thats the longest wait I have heard off just to find out if your decision had changed at the reconsideration stage, so looks like I will have to be patient here.

Thanks for your info as you say depends where you are located around the country.

Regards, Derek

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.