× Members

Should DLA increase with inflation ?

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #99491 by A Kaplan
Should DLA increase with inflation ? was created by A Kaplan
Found out my new DLA rates from April.So thought I'd check to see if they were being increased below inflation or not.And of course they were.They're increasing by 2.2% whereas inflation is still at 2.7%. I thought it was just ESA that was going to be frozen or any annual increases kept below inflation (unless you're in Support Group not sure about that). So have the DWP announced that the DLA increase annually will be kept below inflation too then or is it because they are basing it on the Retail Price index or something.It's the sneaky way it's done that annoys me most.And what's the point anyway unless it's just cause the Tories enjoy attacking the poor because it's only 0.5% difference from the inflation figure and if you multiply that by 1.5 or 2m on DLA that only saves the DWP about 36m which is a tiny drop in the national benefit budget so why bothering to s**w us out of so little ?
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #99499 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Should DLA increase with inflation ?

A Kaplan wrote: Found out my new DLA rates from April.So thought I'd check to see if they were being increased below inflation or not.And of course they were.They're increasing by 2.2% whereas inflation is still at 2.7%. I thought it was just ESA that was going to be frozen or any annual increases kept below inflation (unless you're in Support Group not sure about that). So have the DWP announced that the DLA increase annually will be kept below inflation too then or is it because they are basing it on the Retail Price index or something.It's the sneaky way it's done that annoys me most.And what's the point anyway unless it's just cause the Tories enjoy attacking the poor because it's only 0.5% difference from the inflation figure and if you multiply that by 1.5 or 2m on DLA that only saves the DWP about 36m which is a tiny drop in the national benefit budget so why bothering to s**w us out of so little ?

Hi AK,

Don't forget the annual benefit increases were decided in late last year, and they are always in line with The CPI (Consumer Price Index) at that time, and not The RPI. (Retail Price Index)

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.