× Members

Oral hearing at ESA appeal

More
11 years 7 months ago #99510 by teresasue
Oral hearing at ESA appeal was created by teresasue
I am my son's Appointee so would represent him at an appeal if we have to do this. People say its best for him to attend with me he has severe mental problems and learning difficulties.

But I need to know if I take him along too will they question him or talk to me his appointee please, sorry but I don't understand how they work?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago #99521 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Oral hearing at ESA appeal

Bobajob wrote: I am my son's Appointee so would represent him at an appeal if we have to do this. People say its best for him to attend with me he has severe mental problems and learning difficulties.

But I need to know if I take him along too will they question him or talk to me his appointee please, sorry but I don't understand how they work?

Thanks

Hi Baj,

If you explain this beforehand to The Tribunal, in writing, they should take it into consideration at The Hearing.

You could also have a word with The Clerk on arrival.

bro58

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #99528 by teresasue
Replied by teresasue on topic Oral hearing at ESA appeal
Would they go against us if he doesn't come with me if I am the appointee?
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #99529 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Oral hearing at ESA appeal

Bobajob wrote: Would they go against us if he doesn't come with me if I am the appointee?

Hi Baj,

If you are your son's legal appointee, and not just his nominated representative for the hearing, you should query this with The Tribunal Service.

Where at all possible, it is definately advantageous to appear in person, as the Tribunal then have a chance to make observations, and to actually see how the limitations are affecting the appellant.

Of course, if your son, cannot possibly attend, you should put this to The Tribunal, as in my first paragraph.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.