× Members

ESA50 01/13

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #103947 by mumsgirl
Replied by mumsgirl on topic ESA50 01/13
Sorry about part 3. I am finding this form filling so overwhelming and I can't concentrate or think straight. Please forgive me?

I agree, I thought every ESA50 was 'stand alone' but I just got confused because sometimes I see comments like the onus is on you to still prove you should be in SG, which means they know you are in SG already? And also it says in the manuals (see below) that they have your ESA85 -

5 Re-referral scrutiny
Where the claimant has previously had a medical examination and been found to
have limited capability for work they will be re-referred to Atos after an appropriate
period, based on the prognosis advised by the original examining doctor.
The Atos doctor will review the previous medical examination report and the current
ESA50. They may then recommend that the case be ‘satisfied’ for a further period or
send for further medical evidence from the claimant’s GP or other practitioner before
making a recommendation.
If there is evidence of functional improvement since the last medical examination the
Atos doctor may advise that the claimant be called for a further medical.
A similar process applies to claimants in the support group

And no, you are actually wrong this time! lol.I had a 'medical' in Sept 2011 and 5 days later I received notification that I was put in the SG (for 2 years).

I was placed in the SG after the very first question (I think) because the interview was cut short after 10 mins. Nothings changed, but I bet I will fail the things I passed the last time even though it's chronic, life enduring, non treatable and non curable. Maybe I was lucky with the Dr I had. The first time I had a 'medical' I was tested by a nurse and placed into WRAG for only 6 months. Can I request a Dr, or would it make no difference anyway?
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #103957 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA50 01/13

mumsgirl wrote: Sorry about part 3. I am finding this form filling so overwhelming and I can't concentrate or think straight. Please forgive me?

I agree, I thought every ESA50 was 'stand alone' but I just got confused because sometimes I see comments like the onus is on you to still prove you should be in SG, which means they know you are in SG already? And also it says in the manuals (see below) that they have your ESA85 -

5 Re-referral scrutiny
Where the claimant has previously had a medical examination and been found to
have limited capability for work they will be re-referred to Atos after an appropriate
period, based on the prognosis advised by the original examining doctor.
The Atos doctor will review the previous medical examination report and the current
ESA50. They may then recommend that the case be ‘satisfied’ for a further period or
send for further medical evidence from the claimant’s GP or other practitioner before
making a recommendation.
If there is evidence of functional improvement since the last medical examination the
Atos doctor may advise that the claimant be called for a further medical.
A similar process applies to claimants in the support group

And no, you are actually wrong this time! lol.I had a 'medical' in Sept 2011 and 5 days later I received notification that I was put in the SG (for 2 years).

I was placed in the SG after the very first question (I think) because the interview was cut short after 10 mins. Nothings changed, but I bet I will fail the things I passed the last time even though it's chronic, life enduring, non treatable and non curable. Maybe I was lucky with the Dr I had. The first time I had a 'medical' I was tested by a nurse and placed into WRAG for only 6 months. Can I request a Dr, or would it make no difference anyway?

Hi mg,

Well that's put me firmly in my place. :laugh:

I remember now, it was SG after a face to face.

The burden of proof is on to show that you still qualify for The SG, in so much that you can't simply state "no change" and you have to show that the limitations that would qualify you for The SG are still current and pertinent.

ATOS have advised on their MSE thread that the HCP does not have access to previous ESA85/85A's or ESA50's when carrying out a current assessment.

ATOS only specifically use DR's for assessments with certain neurological conditions.

Information on this is very sketchy, and they also have telephone access to Mental Health Assessment Champions, if needed. (Supposedly)

bro58

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #103965 by mumsgirl
Replied by mumsgirl on topic ESA50 01/13
Could you please direct me to where I can print out another copy of ESA50 01/13? I typed ESA claim form but couldn't find it. thanks

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #103966 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA50 01/13

mumsgirl wrote: Could you please direct me to where I can print out another copy of ESA50 01/13? I typed ESA claim form but couldn't find it. thanks

Hi mg,

You have to download and save it to your P.C. from the link on this FAQ:

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.