× Members

Interesting WFI

• Fawlty
  • Topic Author
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #104037 by Fawlty
Interesting WFI was created by Fawlty
Well went for my first WFI interview on Wednesday, took about 20 minutes asked my basic details, if I drive, own a house and if I knew what WRAG was and got a 30 second explanation.

Kept repeating about every 4 minutes don't worry I'm not going to make to get a job by the end of the week, lost interest in my medical conditions after a few minutes so has got about 5% of what I suffer from :laugh:

Computer wouldn't except I was single so he put me down for some reason as being a parent, apparently the computer said no to every other option.

End result was handed 2 cards for work programme, either with JCP or a private firm and have until 22nd to decide. Mentioned an on going appeal and response was "not interested" had some vital medical documents with me and response was "not interested" so put them away as while your in WRAG you will do as your instructed or else.

I was under the impression that while on WRAG and appealing you could not be forced to seek or work, although apparently me having hospital treatment is regarded as work?

Friend has had same experience, the 6 interviews, 1 a month turned into twice a week and they told me that I can expect 18 months of this being treated like some performing seal
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #104043 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Interesting WFI

Fawlty wrote: Well went for my first WFI interview on Wednesday, took about 20 minutes asked my basic details, if I drive, own a house and if I knew what WRAG was and got a 30 second explanation.

Kept repeating about every 4 minutes don't worry I'm not going to make to get a job by the end of the week, lost interest in my medical conditions after a few minutes so has got about 5% of what I suffer from :laugh:

Computer wouldn't except I was single so he put me down for some reason as being a parent, apparently the computer said no to every other option.

End result was handed 2 cards for work programme, either with JCP or a private firm and have until 22nd to decide. Mentioned an on going appeal and response was "not interested" had some vital medical documents with me and response was "not interested" so put them away as while your in WRAG you will do as your instructed or else.

I was under the impression that while on WRAG and appealing you could not be forced to seek or work, although apparently me having hospital treatment is regarded as work?

Friend has had same experience, the 6 interviews, 1 a month turned into twice a week and they told me that I can expect 18 months of this being treated like some performing seal

Being in the WRAG, irrelevant of whether you are appealing or not, means that you are not required to work or to seek work, however, you are required to participate in Work Related Activity and WFIs.

Appealing to be placed in the Support Group should exempt you from being forwarded to the Work Programme, however, this is DWP policy and not the result of legislation, but I am not aware of any changes to this.

That said, your "volunteering" for the Work Programme may not be covered under this policy, so you might want to think carefully about any choices you make.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fawlty

• Fawlty
  • Topic Author
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #104048 by Fawlty
Replied by Fawlty on topic Interesting WFI
Thanks for the info, I never volunteered for anything I was under the impression I was there just to have WRAG explained, only thing I signed was the data protection act form although admittedly never read that properly as they were still asking questions but said that it was required as they now held personal information on me.

The real surprise was how they could class having hospital treatment as work related activity.

• bro58
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #104051 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Interesting WFI
Hi Basil,

Good advice from Gordon.

They must take into account any Reasonable Adjustments that may need to be made, and any voluntary WRA must take into account your medical conditions and resulting limitations.

www.dwp.gov.uk/supplying-dwp/what-we-buy...ramme-provider.shtml

www.gov.uk/government/news/people-on-sic...them-back-into-a-job

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/work-programme-memo-082.pdf

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by bro58.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #104052 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Interesting WFI

Fawlty wrote: Thanks for the info, I never volunteered for anything I was under the impression I was there just to have WRAG explained, only thing I signed was the data protection act form although admittedly never read that properly as they were still asking questions but said that it was required as they now held personal information on me.

The real surprise was how they could class having hospital treatment as work related activity.

Have a look at the following

Work Focussed Interviews

Work Programme

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fawlty

• bro58
11 years 4 months ago #104054 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Interesting WFI
Hi B,

I am certainly not telling you not to comply with any WRA that you may be compelled to, but read everything carefully before you sign up, as some of these "Voluntary" programmes can become mandatory once that you sign up for them.

i.e. If you sign up for say a "Voluntary" 6 months programme, and fail to complete it, you could be sanctioned.

Just something to be aware of.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.