× Members

Interesting WFI

• Fawlty
  • Topic Author
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #104658 by Fawlty
Replied by Fawlty on topic Interesting WFI
Hi Bro thanks for the info, will keep this reply in here as it is to do with the WFI.

My appeal was changed at reconsideration and now in the Support Group for 3 years, explained the in's and outs in another post.

I am due a phone call Friday as they want to know what work programme I want to go with, Jobcentre or private so I intend telling them neither as I am now in the support group so not required to attend that or WFI's.

Only thing that bothers me is that the decision maker said they had been notified by email but I have had no confirmation in writing from the decision maker so wondering if I should phone the DWP and ask if they intend to put the appeal decision in writing and also contact Jobcentre Plus asking if they have got the details that I have been moved to the support group.

Only thing I signed so far is the data protection act thing as I was told they need due to holding information about me on file, should of probably read it first but wasn't one of my best days but if it's anything other than that I can at least remember word for word what the advisor said and challenge it.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 4 months ago #104663 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Interesting WFI

Fawlty wrote: Hi Bro thanks for the info, will keep this reply in here as it is to do with the WFI.

My appeal was changed at reconsideration and now in the Support Group for 3 years, explained the in's and outs in another post.

I am due a phone call Friday as they want to know what work programme I want to go with, Jobcentre or private so I intend telling them neither as I am now in the support group so not required to attend that or WFI's.

Only thing that bothers me is that the decision maker said they had been notified by email but I have had no confirmation in writing from the decision maker so wondering if I should phone the DWP and ask if they intend to put the appeal decision in writing and also contact Jobcentre Plus asking if they have got the details that I have been moved to the support group.

Only thing I signed so far is the data protection act thing as I was told they need due to holding information about me on file, should of probably read it first but wasn't one of my best days but if it's anything other than that I can at least remember word for word what the advisor said and challenge it.

Hi Basil,

Yes, I read your other post.

You are entitled by law to a written decision notice letter, informing you of the reconsidered award of SG.

The decision notice will probably not include written confirmation of the 3 year prognosis, so if you want this in writing you might have to request it as separate issue. (you might want to wait and see whether you do receive written confirmation of the 3 year prognosis first).

If anyone tries to tell you that you still have to comply with WFI's or WRA, now that you are in The SG, you can quote ESA Reg 54 (2) (b) to them :

"is not a member of the support group;"

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/794/regulation/54/made

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.