× Members

DM's using ESA reports for DLA.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #104517 by aurorablues
DM's using ESA reports for DLA. was created by aurorablues
I've been seeing alot of posts here, there and everywhere about decision makers using esa medical reports for DLA decisions.

I'm on income support now but was previously on ESA. My last medical was in Jan 2011. Will they still hold information going back that far that they could use against mt DLA renewal?

Also, i have two very good supporting letters. One from mt GP and one from my Psychiatrist, plus my CPA. Will DLA still contact them or would they possibly see this as enough evidence?

Cheers,

Aurorablues.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #104520 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DM's using ESA reports for DLA.

aurorablues wrote: I've been seeing alot of posts here, there and everywhere about decision makers using esa medical reports for DLA decisions.

I'm on income support now but was previously on ESA. My last medical was in Jan 2011. Will they still hold information going back that far that they could use against mt DLA renewal?

Also, i have two very good supporting letters. One from mt GP and one from my Psychiatrist, plus my CPA. Will DLA still contact them or would they possibly see this as enough evidence?

Cheers,

Aurorablues.

Hi A,

We are aware that adverse ESA Medical Reports, generally where the claimant has been found fit for work, have been used to adversely review an existing DLA award.

If this was going to be the case with you, as it seems that the last ESA Med Report was generated in 2011, one would assume that you would have had a DLA review before now.

If they did try to use an ESA Med Report from 2011, you could challenge the age and validity of it, especially if you have more current, pertinent evidence.

The DWP only tend to retain documentation for around 14 months, and it would seem that you have closed your ESA claim from that time.

bro58

• bro58
11 years 4 months ago #104522 by bro58

bro58 wrote:

aurorablues wrote: I've been seeing alot of posts here, there and everywhere about decision makers using esa medical reports for DLA decisions.

Cheers,

Aurorablues.

Hi A,

We are aware that adverse ESA Medical Reports, generally where the claimant has been found fit for work, have been used to adversely review an existing DLA award.

If this was going to be the case with you, as it seems that the last ESA Med Report was generated in 2011, one would assume that you would have had a DLA review before now.

If they did try to use an ESA Med Report from 2011, you could challenge the age and validity of it, especially if you have more current, pertinent evidence.

The DWP only tend to retain documentation for around 14 months, and it would seem that you have closed your ESA claim from that time.

bro58

Hi Ab,

Missed the last bit of your query. :)

It is highly unlikely that the DWP would contact any other treating HCP other than your G.P., and that is not a definite.

They may send a DLA GPFR to your G.P. to fill in :

DLA : G.P. reports :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dla-aa-1pp-factual.pdf

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dla-aa-6pp-factual.pdf

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/medical-reports-completion.pdf

bro58

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #104527 by aurorablues
Replied by aurorablues on topic DM's using ESA reports for DLA.
Thanks Bro that's good ton know.

I wrote to my GP asking for a supporting letter giving a list of my day to day care and mobility needs. Knowing of my issues my GP typed out a very good supporting letter and although not incredibly detailed, lists my day to day needs in various parts of the letter e.g. Needs encouraging, prompting, assistance and care day to day with xyz. My psychiatrist typed out a 1 page letter which is similar. My GP's is 2 pages .

Even with such a letter from GP. Is it likely they would still contact GP for further evidence?

AB

• bro58
11 years 4 months ago #104529 by bro58

aurorablues wrote: Thanks Bro that's good ton know.

I wrote to my GP asking for a supporting letter giving a list of my day to day care and mobility needs. Knowing of my issues my GP typed out a very good supporting letter and although not incredibly detailed, lists my day to day needs in various parts of the letter e.g. Needs encouraging, prompting, assistance and care day to day with xyz. My psychiatrist typed out a 1 page letter which is similar. My GP's is 2 pages .

Even with such a letter from GP. Is it likely they would still contact GP for further evidence?

AB

Hi Ab,

I really can't give a definitive answer to that.

However, one would assume that the more in-depth the evidence is that you provide yourself, the less likely it is that they will contact your G.P.

bro58

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #104530 by aurorablues
Replied by aurorablues on topic DM's using ESA reports for DLA.
Ok, thank you.

Getting more nervous the closer i come to completing the form lol. Should have it posted next week :unsure:

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.