× Members

Ib medical

More
14 years 4 months ago #20399 by Blue Peter
Replied by Blue Peter on topic Re:Ib medical
Hi,
When I was called for a medical, I was told by the DIAL representative that I would be filmed in the waiting room, I was therefore "poorly" before I walked, er, stumbled through the door. I can only sit upright for 5 mins so layed accross the couches during the 30 min wait.

A friend ignored this advice and was declared fit for work. They stated it was because they had filmed him sitting comfortably in the waiting room, fortunately he won his appeal.

These were a few years ago in the Doncaster office. I thought this was standard proceedure so am supprised by your comments.

Regards Peter Hopkinson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #20407 by anne
Replied by anne on topic Re:Ib medical
I know little about this but surely the filming of somebody awaiting a medical examination is an infringement of Human Rights?

• Hazel
14 years 4 months ago #20414 by Hazel
Replied by Hazel on topic Re:Ib medical
whilst sitting waiting to go on for medical there was a camera pointing to seating area perhaps its my paranoia that made me think it was on me it might have been for security reasons sorry did not want to confuse anyone

More
14 years 3 months ago #21056 by Rachie
Replied by Rachie on topic Re:Ib medical
thanks for advice it is now on friday.
had to cancel last one as at the back of letter with trvel info it said if you cannot do 60 steps in case of fire attend a different centre.

I didnt look at trvel bit as I know whee job centre is lived all my life near it.
not sure if it wouldve mattered but now have one and its quite far cant win.

had another week of stressing about it too.

Thanks for all your advice been helpful x

More
14 years 3 months ago #21082 by Suzy3
Replied by Suzy3 on topic Re:Ib medical
Good luck for Friday
x

More
14 years 3 months ago #21083 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:Ib medical
Hi,

Just to agree with what Jim says: we have never heard of evidence from cameras in waiting rooms being used in relation to a benefits claim by Atos/DWP.

I assume cameras are there for security purposes in the same way that we are filmed in shops, on the street and almost everywhere else.

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.