× Members

Text from CAPITA about short notice appt.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #125728 by Susuan
I have received a text from CAPITA (I assume it is a genuine message) saying that they have short notice appointments available for PIP assessments for next week and if I am available at home on any of those days I am to text YES, they will then contact me to arrange a suitable time if they still have appointments available. I have not requested a home appointment and do not really want an assessor to come into my home - although it saves having to go to the centre (I had an assessment for my ESA by an ATOS assessor at a centre only 1 mile away) I feel more stressed by the idea of them being in my home.
So I have 2 question really firstly does this mean that they now have me down for a home visit and second if I don't accept the short notice appointment (presumably they will send regular texts) will it go against me?
Many thanks in anticipation
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 8 months ago #125733 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Text from CAPITA about short notice appt.

Susie wrote: I have received a text from CAPITA (I assume it is a genuine message) saying that they have short notice appointments available for PIP assessments for next week and if I am available at home on any of those days I am to text YES, they will then contact me to arrange a suitable time if they still have appointments available. I have not requested a home appointment and do not really want an assessor to come into my home - although it saves having to go to the centre (I had an assessment for my ESA by an ATOS assessor at a centre only 1 mile away) I feel more stressed by the idea of them being in my home.
So I have 2 question really firstly does this mean that they now have me down for a home visit and second if I don't accept the short notice appointment (presumably they will send regular texts) will it go against me?
Many thanks in anticipation

Hi S,

We are aware that texts are being used to contact PIP claimants.

Capita, as opposed to ATOS are carrying out the majority of PIP assessments in the claimant's home.

Claimants are supposed to be given 7 days notice in writing of a PIP Assessment appointment, although this can sometimes be 7 days from the date of the appointment letter.

Disregarding the above, claimants are allowed to rearrange a PIP Assessment once, so if this appointment was to be classed as a cancellation by you, you would have to ensure that you were available/attended the rearranged appointment.

Besides carrying out Home Assessments, Capita do carry them out at Assessment Centres.

You would need to contact Capita, preferably by e-mail to create a paper trail :

Contact Capita : Contact Capita.

bro58

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #125736 by Susuan
Replied by Susuan on topic Text from CAPITA about short notice appt.
Thanks
Can they do a home visit even though I haven't requested one?
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 8 months ago #125739 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Text from CAPITA about short notice appt.

Susie wrote: Thanks
Can they do a home visit even though I haven't requested one?

Hi S,

They should be able to provide an assessment at an Assessment Centre if that is what you wish.

Capita do not have that many PIP Assessment Centres, so this could involve a long journey for you.

You should be aware that how you manage the return trip to and from an Assessment Centre will be taken into account, especially if you have Walking or other limitations with regards to you making journeys.

Rearranging may also lengthen the period before your PIP Claim is processed and a decision is made.

bro58

More
9 years 8 months ago #125740 by Susuan
Replied by Susuan on topic Text from CAPITA about short notice appt.
They haven't made an appointment yet they have just invited me to text them for a cancellation. I assumed they used the ATOS centre but this isn't the case then?

More
9 years 8 months ago #125744 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Text from CAPITA about short notice appt.

Susie wrote: They haven't made an appointment yet they have just invited me to text them for a cancellation. I assumed they used the ATOS centre but this isn't the case then?

ATOS and Capita are different companies. As far as I am aware, Capita are not using the same premises as ATOS for assessments.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.