× Members

ESA claim and Fit Note

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #126637 by daisycat22
ESA claim and Fit Note was created by daisycat22
Hi,

When making a new claim for ESA if your GP provides you with a fit note that states you can only do certain types of jobs (ticking the 'You may be fit for work' box then further explaining underneath) would you be likely to get ESA?.....or do you have to be completely unfit for ANY sort of work.

In these circumstances if ESA can not be claimed and JSA is the only other option, would they take the GP's fit note into account when you are seeking work? (i.e. not making you apply for jobs that would be totally unsuitable)

Thanks
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #126641 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA claim and Fit Note
daisycat

It should not make a difference, but it may depend on what the GP has written in terms of restrictions. It is unusual to see a GP use this option, but on the few occasions we have seen this happen, the claim has been successful.

If you do end up claiming JSA then the Fit Note may act against you as the JC+ may see it as imposing unreasonable conditions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 5 months ago #126642 by daisycat22
Replied by daisycat22 on topic ESA claim and Fit Note
Gordon,

Thank for your reply.

She hasn't issued the fit note as I have not left work yet. I just spoke to her about it today as my current job is both physically and mentally too hard for me.

We spoke about what other job options I could do so she said she would write me a fit note stating I cannot do anything physically demanding or too stressful.

I suppose I'll just have to apply and see what happens.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165076 by fiona quinney
Replied by fiona quinney on topic ESA claim and Fit Note
Hi Gordon,
Just in process of applying for ESA
Just received fit note from doctor for my son who has Aspergers. Doctor has ticked You may be fit for work and that he may be benefit from amended duties, workplace adaptations, altered hours and that he would need careful supported supervised workplace.
I am now wondering if there is any point in carrying on with this application as I fell this is going to work against him, also just in the process of applying for PIP at the same time.
Any advice would be really welcome.
Thanks

More
7 years 8 months ago #165096 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA claim and Fit Note
F

All you need is an active Fit Note it does not matter if it has restrictions on it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.