× Members

Partner having to attend work-focuses interview

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #130784 by mayfield
Hello

I have just been assessed for ESA Support Group for three years, as I have now been on ESA for over 26 weeks (had SSP for 28 weeks prior) my partner has been called for a work focused interview at the Job Centre could you please tell me what they will discuss at this interview and if they can force him to do looking for work actiivities etc
He does work self-employed as he is 8 years from retirement age and no one seems to want to know don't ask how many apps, agencies discussions who once they find his age seem to lose his email address for job description. He his also having to do everything around the home and children due to my illness.
Would just like to know what will be expected of him as we have had a very stressful time with my illness finally got diagnosed before xmas 2015 but will take some time to stabilise condition, further investigations/tests etc.
Was awarded low rate mobility PIP Dec until april 2016.
Thank you
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by . Reason: tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #130801 by Gordon
phoenix

Welcome to the forum.

Whilst your husbands attendance at this meeting is mandatory, it should be just a formality. They will ask about his work status and whether they provide any assistance but they cannot require him to do anything. I would be surprised if he is there more than 15 minutes.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.