× Members

I have an appointment assessment

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #132921 by cats6
Did post a response asking is being in hospital classed for definite as being good cause not to attend a face to face, but i see its not shown up?
but then i`m guessing the DWP can class a majority of anything as they so choose to a certain extent !!!

Anyway's, called CHDA (did as advised took name time made notes of the conversation etc)
very rude & dissmissive, under no curcumstanses what so ever would reaggrange the f2f, said after two missed appointments it was atomatic to send file back to DWP, said a "letter? would be sent to explain to the DWP. i was given the impression all disabled people should be exterminated,

1st Call to DWP could not be put through to the ESA team, yet had to say reasons for calling in detail, told they would send an email to processing center because of mitigating circumstances and they said they did not want my relative to have benefits stopped because of failing to attend the f2f.

Then i received a call back from those on ESA team, again had to explain in detail, told them were worried if benefit stopped, they made no mention of a "good cause" form
they asked if i thought hospital admission was due to stress caused by this whole migration on to ESA and thoughts of having to go to a f2f,, and they would make a note on the system of hospital admission and send another appointment letter for when feeling better.
And thank me for informing them
The DWP people where polite
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #132923 by

cats6 wrote: Did post a response asking is being in hospital classed for definite as being good cause not to attend a face to face, but i see its not shown up?
but then i`m guessing the DWP can class a majority of anything as they so choose to a certain extent !!!

Anyway's, called CHDA (did as advised took name time made notes of the conversation etc)
very rude & dissmissive, under no curcumstanses what so ever would reaggrange the f2f, said after two missed appointments it was atomatic to send file back to DWP, said a "letter? would be sent to explain to the DWP. i was given the impression all disabled people should be exterminated,

1st Call to DWP could not be put through to the ESA team, yet had to say reasons for calling in detail, told they would send an email to processing center because of mitigating circumstances and they said they did not want my relative to have benefits stopped because of failing to attend the f2f.

Then i received a call back from those on ESA team, again had to explain in detail, told them were worried if benefit stopped, they made no mention of a "good cause" form
they asked if i thought hospital admission was due to stress caused by this whole migration on to ESA and thoughts of having to go to a f2f,, and they would make a note on the system of hospital admission and send another appointment letter for when feeling better.

Hi c6,

You might want to make a complaint against The CHDA adviser, there is no excuse for rudeness !! :angry:

See : CHDA Customer Charter.

Hopefully this is now sorted out.

If a claimant fails to attend a 2nd F2F appointment, the DWP should send them a BF223 Form to see whether the claimant can show "Good Cause" for non attendance before suspending their benefit payments.

This is covered under :

ESA Regulation 38.

&

ESA Regulation 39.

bro58

9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #132925 by

bro58 wrote:

cats6 wrote: Did post a response asking is being in hospital classed for definite as being good cause not to attend a face to face, but i see its not shown up?

Hi c6,

You might want to make a complaint against The CHDA adviser, there is no excuse for rudeness !! :angry:

If a claimant fails to attend a 2nd F2F appointment, the DWP should send them a BF223 Form to see whether the claimant can show "Good Cause" for non attendance before suspending their benefit payments.

This is covered under :

ESA Regulation 38.

&

ESA Regulation 39.

bro58

Hi c6,

As you can see, ESA Reg 39. (b) would be applicable to your sister's circumstances :

"(b) the claimant’s state of health at the relevant time"

If she was in hospital due to her "state of health" at the "relevant time" of the F2F appointment, this should definitely be accepted as "Good Cause" for non-attendance.

bro58

9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #132929 by

bro58 wrote:

bro58 wrote:

Hi c6,

This is covered under :

ESA Regulation 38.

&

ESA Regulation 39.

bro58

Hi c6,

As you can see, ESA Reg 39. (b) would be applicable to your sister's circumstances :

"(b) the claimant’s state of health at the relevant time"

If she was in hospital due to her "state of health" at the "relevant time" of the F2F appointment, this should definitely be accepted as "Good Cause" for non-attendance.

bro58

Hi c6,

As you may have noticed, the wording in ESA Regs 38 & 39 above is relevant to Limited Capability for Work Related Activity. (LCWRA)

This pertains to an assessment to see whether the claimant has LCWRA for entry to The Support Group. (SG)

The wording in :

ESA Regulation 23.

&

ESA Regulation 24.

Is exactly the same as ESA Regs 38. & 39., other than ESA Regs 23. & 24. are pertaining to Limited Capability for Work. (LCW)

This assessment is to see whether the claimant has LCW for entry to The WRAG.

In reality, the two "Assessments" for LCW & LCWRA are carried out at the one ESA "medical", except in a minority of situations where the "medical" may just be to assess whether the claimant has LCWRA.

ESA Regulation 25 may also be pertinent, where a claimant who is in Hospital as an inpatient should be treated as having LCW for any days that they are an in-patient, and for any further days that they may need to recover from their treatment as a Hospital in-patient.

LCW = Unfit for Work.

LCWRA = Unfit to take part in Work Related Activity. (WRA)

bro58

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #133255 by cats6
What a mind field of conflicting abbreviations! & DWP postal addressess

For those interested, out of hospital.
Two BF223 Forms came in post. same time.
Both from DWP, BUT
Form one has CHDA written all over it, wanting it filled in, reason for not attending F2F.
Form two, stating Decision Maker has accepted reasons for not going to F2F.

Could this be a ploy? Or are the DWP attempting to salvage their reputation as there are more job cuts heading their way ..Consciences being pricked
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by .

More
9 years 1 week ago #133260 by Gordon

cats6 wrote: What a mind field of conflicting abbreviations! & DWP postal addressess

For those interested, out of hospital.
Two BF223 Forms came in post. same time.
Both from DWP, BUT
Form one has CHDA written all over it, wanting it filled in, reason for not attending F2F.
Form two, stating Decision Maker has accepted reasons for not going to F2F.

Could this be a ploy? Or are the DWP attempting to salvage their reputation as there are more job cuts heading their way ..Consciences being pricked

As you have received two forms it would be worth your while checking with the DWP that the one accepting your reasons for non attendance is the one that you should keep.

As a general rule, never assign intent by the DWP when an issue can be more easily explained by incompetence :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.