× Members

Do you have a recent PIP award letter?

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #132871 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Do you have a recent PIP award letter?
Hi All,

Thank you for your responses so far.

The reason I've asked is that we've heard from a member who was asked to attend a face-to-face assessment a year before his award expired. When he queried this he was told the assessment was not a review of his current award but would lie on file and only be looked at two months before his current award ends.

It seems to be a rather confused and confusing situation.

Any more input gratefully received.

I've realised I should also have asked: Was it Capita or Atos that did your assessment? They may be following different procedures.

Many thanks,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #132873 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Do you have a recent PIP award letter?
Mine was CAPITA, Steve. I got my award until March 2018 saying that they'll contact me after March 2017 to make sure I'm getting the right level of PIP. It depends what the 'after' means, it could be after 2017, & 14 weeks before the award ends. I can't really see the point in them giving an award for 3 years & looking into it again after 2 years, they may as well have given the 2 years - unless it's to give them all something to do. Also it says that I'll be sent a letter 14 weeks before the award ends.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #132903 by Jonathan
Replied by Jonathan on topic Do you have a recent PIP award letter?
Capita here, too. I'd be happy to send you a scanned copy of the complete letter if it's of any use.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #132905 by Mags
Replied by Mags on topic Do you have a recent PIP award letter?
Mine was Atos.

Mags

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #132911 by lmjones
Replied by lmjones on topic Do you have a recent PIP award letter?
Mine was capita

• teabag
9 years 2 weeks ago #132933 by teabag
Replied by teabag on topic Do you have a recent PIP award letter?
I posted earlier about being reviewed in my PIP letters and sent back the form and have today received a letter from Atos saying that my file has been referred to them and that one of their health professionals will now look at the information provided.
It also says In some cases we may be able to do a report with out the need to see you however most people do need to be seen by a health professional and if you are asked to attend you can bring a family member, friend or support worker and they can take part in the discussion too. We are reducing waiting times and most people will be seen within 16 weeks and apologise if you have to wait longer.
What a joke awarded for 2 years, been through tribunal about 4 months ago and now another assessment hanging over me will they ever stop hounding me. I keep hanging onto the hope that I make my retirement in just over 4 years time unless they change that again.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.