× Members

what happens when esa support group has an end dat

More
8 years 9 months ago #138285 by sunflower38
HI there I am new to this ,
I have an end date for esa support group come 11th September 2015 , please can anyone advise me on what happens next? I have not heard from anyone as of yet ? any advice would be gratefully received

thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138288 by Gordon

sunflower38 wrote: HI there I am new to this ,
I have an end date for esa support group come 11th September 2015 , please can anyone advise me on what happens next? I have not heard from anyone as of yet ? any advice would be gratefully received

thank you

Welcome to the forum.

ESA is an indefinite award with regular re-assessment so your ESA will remain in payment until a new Decision is made on your claim.

There are considerable delays in the ESA system at the moment so it is possible that your re-assessment may be delayed or even deferred to a later date, the only way you can confirm this is by contacting the ESA help line and asking, the information should be available on the computer system and contacting them will not result in a re-assessment being initiated.

ESA: 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA. (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

If your re-assessment is still running to schedule then you should expect a new ESA50 to be issued around mid-August.

Please check the latest ESA Claim guides fro the current ESA criteria

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sunflower38

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150736 by sunflower38
Replied by sunflower38 on topic what happens when esa support group has an end dat
hi ,
im still currently in the SG although the date has past, september 2015 i was wondering if you can explain to me in laymans terms CB esa as i have been on this for nearly 2 years now , so surely theres an end date for this. also by this being paid under CB will this effect me when i come to claim a pension less money because ive access my CB now , i really dont understand how it works and effects me at a later date . i have paid my tax from 2008 and NI since then if this helps ?

also my pip runs out in august , i do believe they send a form out 14 weeks before the end date, i believe by august and not before august i should be ok fingers crossed . so if i dont fill this form out will they stop my pip straight away or will they continue to end date.?

thankyou in advance
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150756 by bro58

sunflower38 wrote: hi ,
im still currently in the SG although the date has past, september 2015 i was wondering if you can explain to me in laymans terms CB esa as i have been on this for nearly 2 years now , so surely theres an end date for this. also by this being paid under CB will this effect me when i come to claim a pension less money because ive access my CB now , i really dont understand how it works and effects me at a later date . i have paid my tax from 2008 and NI since then if this helps ?

also my pip runs out in august , i do believe they send a form out 14 weeks before the end date, i believe by august and not before august i should be ok fingers crossed . so if i dont fill this form out will they stop my pip straight away or will they continue to end date.?

thankyou in advance

Hi sf38,

As advised by Gordon above, in theory ESA is an open-ended award which will be re-assessed at regular intervals.

Up until December 2015, ESA reassessments for current recipients were being deferred for 2 years due to the backlog.

So, even though ESA reassessment have been reinstated since that time and we have seen a lot more members reporting that they have received an ESA50 for reassessment since December 2015, there is a chance that your reassessment was deferred to a later date when it was flagged up in August 2015.

The only way to find out the recommended date for your next reassessment is to ring ESA.

Even though there is a 12 months limit to receipt of CB ESA if in The WRAG and/or The Assessment Phase ("Whilst not in The SG") ther is no such 12 months limit to payment of CB ESA whilst in The SG.

Therefore payment of CB ESA will continue for as long as you remain in The SG, and if you were placed into The WRAG at some future reassessment you would still have your full 365 days entitlement to payment of CB ESA :

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

Whilst you are entitled to ESA in either "group", you will also receive NI Credits (Stamps) which go towards your entitlement to a State Pension.

So being on ESA should have no adverse effect on your State Pension.

See : Get a State Pension statement.

Even if you were placed into The WRAG in the future, and exhausted your 365 days entitlement to payment of CB ESA and after being financially assessed for entitlement to payment of Income Related (IR) ESA you were entitled to no monetary payments, you would still receive NI Credits towards your State Pension.

Once you receive your PIP Renewal Forms, if you fail to comply with all/any deadline dates given to return the forms, etc, your PIP payments will cease there and then.

My best advice would be to fill the forms in with respect to "how you are" at the time of filling the forms in rather than how you think your may be in 12-14 weeks time, then see what happens.

If you are considering closing your PIP Claim in the future you are better doing so formally in writing, rather than just letting it lapse !

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.