× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration Query

• Royalty
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139177 by Royalty
Mandatory Reconsideration Query was created by Royalty
Hello everyone

1. How do I obtain my assessment report from Atos?
I have been given written reasons for DWPs decision but I want to see evidence from the assessors written report from Atos before challenging DWPs decision.

2. Also when making a MR, is it advisable to argue why you believe their decision is wrong ( especially if one has concerns about how's ATOS carried out the assessment)?

3.Will the new decision maker consider your arguments or will their decision be solely based on the evidence from the initial application.

I will greatly appreciate your advice, especially those with experience.

Thank you.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #139181 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Query
Hi Royalty,

1) You should request the ATOS report from the DWP. You can do this over the phone but we advise you also follow up in writing. However, in the event that this takes a while to arrive, do not delay submitting your MR request, you have a month to do this, counting from the date on the letter.

2) When requesting the MR you should concentrate on showing how you meet the PIP criteria rather than discrediting the ATOS report. You can make a separate complaint about this to ATOS if you wish (in your place, I would get the MR done first).

3) The DM should consider all the evidence at his disposal.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sparklykoi

• Royalty
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #139194 by Royalty
Replied by Royalty on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Query
Thank you for responding Mrs Hurtyback.
I will be contacting them ASAP.

• Royalty
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #139341 by Royalty
Is it worthwile including diary entries in my MR request if I didn't include them in my original application?

More
8 years 8 months ago #139349 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Query

Royalty wrote: Is it worthwile including diary entries in my MR request if I didn't include them in my original application?

You've nothing to lose by doing so, however, the DM may disregard them if they post date the date of the Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Royalty
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #142076 by Royalty
Hi all. Its has been over a month since I submitted by MR. I have not received an acknowledgement in writing but DWP have confirmed to receiving my request when I phoned them.
Typically, how long should one expect to get a response?

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.