× Members

Received letter for Assessment

More
8 years 7 months ago #140582 by Worried
Received letter for Assessment was created by Worried
I have received my appointment for my assessment in 8 days time.
I am currently in the support group and have deteriorated alot since my last assessment
I think 3 yrs ago. Should I bring all previous test results as well as current results with me.
I filled in my ESA50 about 6 months ago.
Thank you for any advice you can give.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140610 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Received letter for Assessment

Worried wrote: I have received my appointment for my assessment in 8 days time.
I am currently in the support group and have deteriorated alot since my last assessment
I think 3 yrs ago. Should I bring all previous test results as well as current results with me.
I filled in my ESA50 about 6 months ago.
Thank you for any advice you can give.

Anything you send in with your ESA50 will be available to the assessor, so hopefully it should only be any test results that you have received since then.

If your condition has changed then you are entitled to update the assessor of this, you can do this by writing a letter detailing the changes, remember they have to be in context to the ESA Descriptors to be of value.

If you do prepare a letter, in addition to taking it to the assessment and asking the assessor to read it and include it in your file, you should consider sending a copy to the DWP to ensure that they also have all the information when they make their Decision. Send it to the DWP office that deals with your claim, marked for the attention of the Decision Maker.

Sending Documents to the DWP or Maximus, ATOS or Capita

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #165630 by Worried
Replied by Worried on topic Received letter for Assessment
Hi,
Hope you can offer some advice. I have been waiting for the results of my assessment last year,
and today I have received a letter saying they will be arranging another assessment.
I have not received any ESA50 to fill out just letter stating I will have an assessment in due course.
Is this normal, can I ask for the results of last assessment.
And advice would be helpful.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165655 by Gordon

Worried wrote: Hi,
Hope you can offer some advice. I have been waiting for the results of my assessment last year,
and today I have received a letter saying they will be arranging another assessment.
I have not received any ESA50 to fill out just letter stating I will have an assessment in due course.
Is this normal, can I ask for the results of last assessment.
And advice would be helpful.

It is possible that a Decision was made following the last assessment, I'm afraid the only way that you will know is to contact the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #165672 by Worried
Replied by Worried on topic Received letter for Assessment
Hi Gordon,

Should I ask for ESA85 and should I ask for new ESA50 Form.

Did not expect another assessment with result of last assessment.

Thank you in advance

More
7 years 8 months ago #165680 by Gordon

Worried wrote: Hi Gordon,

Should I ask for ESA85 and should I ask for new ESA50 Form.

Did not expect another assessment with result of last assessment.

Thank you in advance

You can ask for the ESA85, the DWP don't issue the ESA50 this comes from Maximus but there is an electronic version you can use.

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.