× Members

ESA medical assessment was not recorded.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142160 by Rocket
I requested a recording 2 weeks before I had my ESA medical assessment . It was later confirmed to me this will be done by maximus. On the day I did my assessment at the end I asked for my copy of the recording. But they told me that they have forgot to do the recording. Where do things stand for me now. Can I ask for another assessment ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142172 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA medical assessment was not recorded.

Ronnie wrote: I requested a recording 2 weeks before I had my ESA medical assessment . It was later confirmed to me this will be done by maximus. On the day I did my assessment at the end I asked for my copy of the recording. But they told me that they have forgot to do the recording. Where do things stand for me now. Can I ask for another assessment ?

I'm afraid not, claimants have no legal right to require that their assessments are recorded.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rocket

More
8 years 6 months ago #142175 by Rocket
Replied by Rocket on topic ESA medical assessment was not recorded.
So they can just forget to do the recording to mess my assessment up!!

More
8 years 6 months ago #142176 by Gordon

Ronnie wrote: So they can just forget to do the recording to mess my assessment up!!

I wouldn't put it in those terms, until you have had a Decision you do not know whether the assessment was carried out fairly or not.

You can make a complaint to Maximus about the failure to record the interview, but it will not have any impact on the assessment process.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #142615 by Rocket
Replied by Rocket on topic ESA medical assessment was not recorded.

Gordon wrote:

Ronnie wrote: So they can just forget to do the recording to mess my assessment up!!

I wouldn't put it in those terms, until you have had a Decision you do not know whether the assessment was carried out fairly or not.

You can make a complaint to Maximus about the failure to record the interview, but it will not have any impact on the assessment process.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

Gordon

. I have had a decision over the phone and told I have only got 6 points. I am now waiting for the paperwork to come through the next few days. I will be doing a mandatory reconsideration. I have asked for the ESA 85 medical report and was told this will be sent atomaticly with the decision. Would it be best to do the reconsideration with paperwork alone rather then do it over the phone ?

More
8 years 6 months ago #142619 by Gordon

Ronnie wrote: [ I have had a decision over the phone and told I have only got 6 points. I am now waiting for the paperwork to come through the next few days. I will be doing a mandatory reconsideration. I have asked for the ESA 85 medical report and was told this will be sent atomaticly with the decision. Would it be best to do the reconsideration with paperwork alone rather then do it over the phone ?

We recommend making the request in writing, that way you can be clear about whether you will be sending additional information.

The ESA85 is not sent with the Decision Letter, you will receive the Decision Makers report, an ESA65, I'm afraid you will need to ring again for the ESA85.

Please have a look at our ESA MR & Appeal guide.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If we can help more, come back to the forum.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.