× Members

time line for reapplying for pip

More
8 years 6 months ago #142707 by tango
time line for reapplying for pip was created by tango
A friend of my was given a decision on the 29 march 2015 that no pip award was payable. she appealed this and was turned down by the tribunal on the 7 october 2015.
My question is how long does she have to wait until she can apply for pip again as her condition has deteriorated since the original decision at the end of march.
regards tango

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142711 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic time line for reapplying for pip
Has she completely exhausted the appeal process?

If she wants she can let it go and reapply immediately.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153679 by tango
Replied by tango on topic time line for reapplying for pip
just a quick update. My friend re-applied for pip in october and had f2f at beginning of february and decision made 17 february.
She was awarded standard rate care (11 points) and standard rate mobility (8 points) for 3 years.

No additional evidence provided and i can only assume person who examined her told truth this time. One blatant lie last time was when asked how she had got to medical centre i told him i had brought her in car and dropped her at door and in report the assessor said she had travelled by public transport so had no difficulty planning a route.

At her appeal she totally cracked up and was very distressed so she couldnt put her point of view across and when i interrupted i was told to be quiet by the judge, the last time i was warned that i wouled be asked to leave the room. As a result she lost her appeal.

Anyway the moral of the story is never give up and even if you lose your appeal dont just go away because thats what the dwp want you to do.
re-apply again you have nothing to lose, and you could eventually end up with an award.
regards tango

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.