× Members

No medical now.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142785 by lollo1
No medical now. was created by lollo1
After several conversations with DWP and Atos about my daughters inability to communicate effectively I asked as her appointee could I answer the questions at an upcoming medical. I had a mixed response with DWP saying yes and someone from Atos saying no. After a few calls to Atos on Wednesday I was asked would I like a paper based review. I made it quite clear that we had no issue with going for a medical, just that my daughter due to her autism and communication/understanding problems would be unable to answer any complex questions. I was told someone would ring me after speaking to her consultant. I called my daughters consultants secretary,the consultant was out till Friday. However today I have received a letter from Atos saying they had enough information and that it has been sent to case manager at DWP for a decision. I have spoken to DWP as I was worried in case they thought we just didn't want to attend a medical. She said not to worry and it would all be sorted asap. I am now really worried that this may have a detrimental affect on the decision that they make. Does anyone else have any advice as to whether a paper based assessment is scored lower or not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142788 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic No medical now.
Loll

It is unusual for a recommendation to be made on paper only and whilst we have seen it done, the numbers are so low that we really can't give an indication of whether it is a positive or not, I'm afraid you will have to wait and see.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.