× Members

not feeling good about assement ESA

More
8 years 6 months ago #142817 by Candycane1010
not feeling good about assement ESA was created by Candycane1010
hello everyone
i currently have from both moderate depression and anxiety which also includes social anxiety, and also i have arthritis in my right knee with an effusion and limited movement ( which has stayed the same for 3 years) now im on methotrexate i was hospitalize for a locked knee of recent which they tried to pull straight whilst under sedation, which didnt work.

i went to my medical with my mother who is one of my main supports '( im in 20s ) they had me waiting 45mins i was in so much pain i had to try and lay done on their sofa ( i also have wear and tear on my spine) i then had to try and get across the room to get to the lift which to me was a long journey as my knee is locked in a L shape. once i got to the room i was exhausted and in so my pain i was sweating and could not speak my mother went to speak and the nurse was very rude and told her no i dont you to speak i want the calmaint to speak i felt intimidated and felt like i was under attack as i find it differcult to speak to others. she mainly focused on my knee and just asked about my blackouts. i was confused and i cant get my words out in a which she understood but she seemed like she didnt care. once we got out of the the centre and home i had a panic attack i just feel like it all went wrong

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142818 by Candycane1010
Replied by Candycane1010 on topic not feeling good about assement ESA
hello everyone
i currently have from both moderate depression and anxiety which also includes social anxiety, and also i have arthritis in my right knee with an effusion and limited movement ( which has stayed the same for 3 years) now im on methotrexate i was hospitalize for a locked knee of recent which they tried to pull straight whilst under sedation, which didnt work.

i went to my medical with my mother who is one of my main supports '( im in 20s ) they had me waiting 45mins i was in so much pain i had to try and lay done on their sofa ( i also have wear and tear on my spine) i then had to try and get across the room to get to the lift which to me was a long journey as my knee is locked in a L shape. once i got to the room i was exhausted and in so my pain i was sweating and could not speak my mother went to speak and the nurse was very rude and told her no i dont you to speak i want the calmaint to speak i felt intimidated and felt like i was under attack as i find it differcult to speak to others. she mainly focused on my knee and just asked about my blackouts. i was confused and i cant get my words out in a which she understood but she seemed like she didnt care. once we got out of the the centre and home i had a panic attack i just feel like it all went wrong :sick:

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142826 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic not feeling good about assement ESA
Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I have merged both of your duplicate posts in the one topic to avoid confusion.

Reading through This Post will give you a better idea of how the forum operates, and why your post will not show up on the forum straight away.

I am sorry to hear that you found your face to face so traumatic ! :(

Many of our members have thought that their face to face "medical" has gone really badly, only to be pleasantly surprised by a positive outcome.

The ESA85 Medical Report compiled by the ESA Assessor at the face to face will now be sent electronically to The DWP ESA Decision Maker (DM) who will make the final decision and inform you in writing.

You could give it 7-10 days then contact ESA to try and obtain an update :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA. (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

Please let us know when you do receive a decision by replying to this topic.

Good luck and "fingers crossed" !! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 5 months ago #143751 by Candycane1010
Replied by Candycane1010 on topic not feeling good about assement ESA
Thank you for your reply I have just spoken to them as it has been close to 3weeks and they have said nothing has been updated not even my medical has been sent she told me that she will get someone to call me back in 3hours from the centre that I had the medical... But I feel that it all looking bad I feel like if I hear something bad I will have another blackout. My emotions are all over the place as I am not coping very well my 12 month contribution base esa runs out soon and I don't like knowing what is happen

More
8 years 5 months ago #143761 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic not feeling good about assement ESA

Candycane1010 wrote: Thank you for your reply I have just spoken to them as it has been close to 3weeks and they have said nothing has been updated not even my medical has been sent she told me that she will get someone to call me back in 3hours from the centre that I had the medical... But I feel that it all looking bad I feel like if I hear something bad I will have another blackout. My emotions are all over the place as I am not coping very well my 12 month contribution base esa runs out soon and I don't like knowing what is happen

I know it's more easily said than done, but you need to try and separate the genuine concerns that anybody would have while waiting from for a Decision on their claim, from these additional problems with processing that decision. Unfortunately, the process does fail on occasions, the important thing to take away is that this is not a reflection on how you got on at the assessment.

Hopefully you'll hear this afternoon about what has happened.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #143873 by 1100db
Replied by 1100db on topic not feeling good about assement ESA

Candycane1010 wrote: Thank you for your reply I have just spoken to them as it has been close to 3weeks and they have said nothing has been updated not even my medical has been sent she told me that she will get someone to call me back in 3hours from the centre that I had the medical... But I feel that it all looking bad I feel like if I hear something bad I will have another blackout. My emotions are all over the place as I am not coping very well my 12 month contribution base esa runs out soon and I don't like knowing what is happen

Couldn't agree more about how stressful the wait is,i thought my assessment went badly as well but i was put in the Support Group so you really can't tell,good luck with your result.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.