× Members

Motability and the return of car.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142820 by anitairene
Motability and the return of car. was created by anitairene
Hi, I'm sorry if this question has been asked before. If I lose the enhanced rate of PIP and have to return my motability car do I have to return it when I get the initial decision or after MR and possible Tribunal. My claim has not reached this point yet but I am not hopeful about it's outcome when I look at the statistics and read about the experience of others. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago #142821 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Motability and the return of car.

swibley wrote: Hi, I'm sorry if this question has been asked before. If I lose the enhanced rate of PIP and have to return my motability car do I have to return it when I get the initial decision or after MR and possible Tribunal. My claim has not reached this point yet but I am not hopeful about it's outcome when I look at the statistics and read about the experience of others. Thank you.

Hi s,

"What are the timescales for taking the car back?

The DWP will continue to pay your existing level of DLA for four weeks after their decision that you do not qualify for the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of PIP. Once we have been informed of the DWP’s decision, we will write to you with details of how to return your vehicle. You will be able to keep the car for a maximum of 21 days after the DLA payments stop.

It is very important that the car is returned within 21 days of the DLA payments stopping or you will not qualify for the one-off transitional support package."

So you need to contact Motability if/when the need to arises.

bro58

More
8 years 6 months ago #142836 by anitairene
Replied by anitairene on topic Motability and the return of car.
Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry if I sound dense but does it mean that I would have to return the car after the initial decision even if I was going on to appeal. Thank you.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142844 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Motability and the return of car.
It means they do not take account of your appeal at any stage.

If/when you win you may be able to get another car.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142861 by anitairene
Replied by anitairene on topic Motability and the return of car.
Thank you.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142900 by fastmoggy
Replied by fastmoggy on topic Motability and the return of car.
We in similar position but without the car! that being the free car tax and the blue mobility parking permit. Im hoping the same timescale also applies?
To loose the blue mobility parking permit will severely hinder her to attended hospital appointments given her mobility conditions!

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.