× Members

Got PIP refusal letter :(

More
8 years 6 months ago #142912 by Anibas
Got PIP refusal letter :( was created by Anibas
Hello all, I'm writing on behalf on my husband. He was on the advanced rate of DLA up until this week when PIP has been refused :( I wish i'd known about this site when I was filling in the form and it might have had a better outcome. He's been awarded 0 points!! It's so very distressing

His problems began after being diagnosed with cancer (Oesophageal) 4 years ago at age 58. He ran a business and employed people all his adult life so this was a huge blow for him to go from this strong man to nearly dead.

Since chemo and the operation (Oesophagectomy) he has been left with debilitating pain because the tumour was attached to his back on the inside and nerve damage was done removing it. He also gets 'dumping syndrome' every time he eats along with the pain (he takes pregabalin 150mg and fentanyl 200mcg for this) the dumping syndrome causes weakness, faintness, dizziness, fatigue, sweating, shaking, discomfort and sometimes explosive diarrhoea (sorry for tmi)
Anyway the medical professional deemed him perfectly well despite him experiencing these symptoms while she was visiting.

My question really is- We have phoned for a mandatory reconsideration so what happens now, will they send a form out to us or anything? What do you recommend we do in the meantime to add weight to this?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142917 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Got PIP refusal letter :(
Hi

I hope you have looked around since you joined and found the PIP appeals guide

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

The first ten pages or so deal with a MR.

You need to confirm your request in writing as phone calls get 'forgotten' by the DWP. The guide will take you through getting the paperwork and working through the decision makers decision. You need to highlight and tackle all the points where you disagree with the decision and why.

You could approach your GP and consultants and ask them to write letters. You could submit a request to your surgery for access to your husbands notes and get copies of all relevant reports etc. be advised they charge for this.

If you need any further assistance after all that please come back and we will do our best to help.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Gordon. Reason: corrected url

More
8 years 6 months ago #142921 by Anibas
Replied by Anibas on topic Got PIP refusal letter :(
Thank you for replying.
I have downloaded the relevant guides now thank you! I've also made a doctors appointment for my hubby for Weds so hopefully our GP can help with a letter and we can get some notes and reports.
Will DWP send out a form to fill in or do I just write them a letter once I have all the evidence?
They are so vague and unhelpful! Thank goodness for people like you or I don't know where i'd turn.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142936 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Got PIP refusal letter :(

Anibas wrote: Thank you for replying.
I have downloaded the relevant guides now thank you! I've also made a doctors appointment for my hubby for Weds so hopefully our GP can help with a letter and we can get some notes and reports.
Will DWP send out a form to fill in or do I just write them a letter once I have all the evidence?
They are so vague and unhelpful! Thank goodness for people like you or I don't know where i'd turn.

You need to write a letter, there are no forms involved in requesting an MR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anibas

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.