× Members

Q8 adapted clothing?

More
8 years 6 months ago #142926 by little effie
Q8 adapted clothing? was created by little effie
Hi again all,
Just filling in my reassessment PIP form and looking at hcp report from last time and regarding q8 dressing and undressing I was assessed as descriptor b needs to use an aid or appliance .I didn't really agree as hubby hgas to help me but left award as was due to getting enhanced mobility which was my major need.Anyway jusyt looking through PIP guide and it says about non adapted clothing bhut in my report it says I would be able to dress reliably the majority of the time by wearing adapted clothing and pull on bras so descriptor b is most appropriate. So my question is do they take it you can wear adapted clothing or not?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142938 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Q8 adapted clothing?

steffi wrote: Hi again all,
Just filling in my reassessment PIP form and looking at hcp report from last time and regarding q8 dressing and undressing I was assessed as descriptor b needs to use an aid or appliance .I didn't really agree as hubby hgas to help me but left award as was due to getting enhanced mobility which was my major need.Anyway jusyt looking through PIP guide and it says about non adapted clothing bhut in my report it says I would be able to dress reliably the majority of the time by wearing adapted clothing and pull on bras so descriptor b is most appropriate. So my question is do they take it you can wear adapted clothing or not?

Neither the Descriptors nor the DWP guidance make any reference to adapted clothing, in fact the guidance makes reference to

This activity assesses a claimant’s ability to put on and take off culturally appropriate, un-adapted clothing that is suitable for the situation.

With regard to aids, you would need to show that you cannot use them rather than you do not use them and this may be why you have only scored against (b).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #142944 by little effie
Replied by little effie on topic Q8 adapted clothing?
Thanks Gordon
I don't know why I didn't question them about it last time but will make sure this time they get the full picture.
Will come back again after decision as sending form off tomorrow.
Thanks again for all the help and guides as its still tough but with the guides it is far less daunting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris