× Members

sciatcia and low back pain

• thomasnireland
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #143565 by thomasnireland
sciatcia and low back pain was created by thomasnireland
does esa not reconise sciatcia and low back pain as a condition i got 0 points at my tribunal and had a form filled out well and answered questions well,yet i got o points for pysical and can only walk 100 metres before i need to stop.why do you think i got 0 ppints?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #143580 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic sciatcia and low back pain

thomasnireland wrote: does esa not reconise sciatcia and low back pain as a condition i got 0 points at my tribunal and had a form filled out well and answered questions well,yet i got o points for pysical and can only walk 100 metres before i need to stop.why do you think i got 0 ppints?

There is no reason why these would not be taken into account, but it is their effects that would score points or not rather than the conditions themselves.

I am afraid your options are limited, you can challenge the Tribunal Decision but only on the basis of an Error of Law, not because you disagree with the Decision.

You can make a new claim for ESA, but it will not be payable until you have a new assessment and an award is made, unless you can show that you have a new condition or that there has been a significant documented deterioration in your condition.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 5 months ago #143581 by oldman
Replied by oldman on topic sciatcia and low back pain
Only if diagnosed by gp and treatment offered

More
8 years 5 months ago #143586 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic sciatcia and low back pain

oldman wrote: Only if diagnosed by gp and treatment offered

Not necessarily

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• thomasnireland
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #143587 by thomasnireland
Replied by thomasnireland on topic sciatcia and low back pain
i have done that gordon im on stronger medication and seeing a pain clinic now,i just get the feeling im not being listened to!

More
8 years 5 months ago #143591 by debbiesixtysix1
Replied by debbiesixtysix1 on topic sciatcia and low back pain
I scored 0 points at my ESA assessment took it to tribunal and was put in support group. My condition was backed up by scan and consultant reports.
I had lower back pain for 25 years .and also a disc bulge of 10 mm which is LARGE and gave me severe sciatica down right leg. I was on medication that was so strong I could not drive and had to rely on an elbow crutch to walk short distances. I was in agony !!
So don't give in fight at tribunal

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.