× Members

Failing ESA Medical

More
8 years 5 months ago #143649 by suz
Failing ESA Medical was created by suz
Hi
Ive never joined a forum before But I am so incensed with how I have been treated by DWP I have been claiming ESA for 5 years Due to nearly loosing my leg re a RTA My last medical report scored more than 20 points. Since my original claim I have been diagnosed with Spina Bifida. Cervical Spondulitus. and suffer from Clinical Depression and anxiety attacks. Plus an underactive thyroid I have now been taken off ESA Having scored only 6 points (for my mental state ) nothing for mobility and yes after being a member of this fantastic site submitted countless medical reports Iam 61 years old My leg extremely badly scarred and obviously will be with me for life has got worse through the years I have been put on JSA and had to sign a declaration that I would be available to work a 40 hour week Today I got confirmation that I have been accepted for job seekers and get a premium payment due to disability !!!!! I of course I have requested a mandatory reconsideration and I will fight it to the end if this does not go in my favour Oh forgot to mention I have been on DLA Higher mobility for 6 years .My depression has escalated Will my DLA be withdrawn next This goverment has a lot to answer to

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #143651 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Failing ESA Medical
ST

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

An immediate thought from your post is whether you dealt with the imaginary wheelchair on your ESA50? You don't have to own one, let alone use one for the assessor to take your using a wheelchair into account, providing such usage is reasonable.

Your DLA should not be effected providing it is the "wheelchair" that has caused you to lose points, if your walking distance is now considered to be over 200m then your DLA may be at risk. If you live on the UK mainland then this will result in an invitation to claim PIP.

Please make use of the ESA MR & Appeal guide and the template letters in the ESA section.

If you have any other questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #143942 by suz
Replied by suz on topic Failing ESA Medical
Hi Gordon
Thanks for your reply and the tip re my name { ammended } lol I received today my reply to my mandatory decision ( took 2 weeks } and hey ho I have been awarded the 15 points needed. Put in a wrag till 2017 Thankyou for all the fab information on this site and to everybody with a wrong decision re a benefit YOU MUST be appeal many thanks

More
8 years 5 months ago #143960 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Failing ESA Medical

suz wrote: Hi Gordon
Thanks for your reply and the tip re my name { ammended } lol I received today my reply to my mandatory decision ( took 2 weeks } and hey ho I have been awarded the 15 points needed. Put in a wrag till 2017 Thankyou for all the fab information on this site and to everybody with a wrong decision re a benefit YOU MUST be appeal many thanks

Congratulations on getting the Decision overturned at the MR stage, that's a tough ask as few Decisions get revised by the DWP. Well done!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #143972 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Failing ESA Medical
That's great news Suz, thanks for letting us know! :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.