× Members

On ESA - Applying for PIP

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #143898 by ela808
On ESA - Applying for PIP was created by ela808
Thanks to B&W I was awared Contribution based ESA support Group - earlier this year with a review in 2017.

I want to apply for PIP for a different medical condition than I was awarded the ESA.
At my medical in March his year, I was assessed on the answers I gave for clinical depression and severe anxiety. I did inform the DWP in my evidence at the time, that I was being investigated for an undiagnosed condition. This condition has now been diagnosed as Fibromyalgia.
In the B&W guidance notes for PIP applications (pg67) it states that the ESA85 medical reports used for ESA are being used for decisions about PIP awards.
Is this still the case?
Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #143909 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic On ESA - Applying for PIP

ela808 wrote: Thanks to B&W I was awared Contribution based ESA support Group - earlier this year with a review in 2017.

I want to apply for PIP for a different medical condition than I was awarded the ESA.
At my medical in March his year, I was assessed on the answers I gave for clinical depression and severe anxiety. I did inform the DWP in my evidence at the time, that I was being investigated for an undiagnosed condition. This condition has now been diagnosed as Fibromyalgia.
In the B&W guidance notes for PIP applications (pg67) it states that the ESA85 medical reports used for ESA are being used for decisions about PIP awards.
Is this still the case?
Thanks

Hi e808,

"In the B&W guidance notes for PIP applications (pg67) it states that the ESA85 medical reports used for ESA are being used for decisions about PIP awards.
Is this still the case?"

It may be !!

Even if they are, I would certainly not rely on The DWP accessing any current evidence that they may hold on you in connection with a fresh PIP claim that you may make.

We always advise that you provide all your own evidence along with The PIP 2 Form.

Remember, even though you have been diagnosed with a new medical condition recently, it is the limitations/disabilities that you suffer as a result of the medical condition that may or may not give you a PIP award rather than the condition itself.

The PIP 2 Form is called the "How your Disability Affects You" and when you are assessed for PIP, it will be on how you are at that time.

There is nothing to stop you requesting the documentation used by the DWP in your ESA assessment and using anything that helps your claim.

See : This Post.

You should also take into account that the qualifying criteria for ESA and PIP do differ with a few similarities.

How Personal independence payment (PIP) points scoring system works.

PIP Self Test

&

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.