× Members

Watching a PIP Tribunal

More
8 years 5 months ago #143959 by Hammertim
Watching a PIP Tribunal was created by Hammertim
I'm sure I have read somewhere that it is possible to go and watch a PIP tribunal, this would be good if it is possible as I support a young woman who is thinking about taking her appeal to the tribunal stage.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #143965 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Watching a PIP Tribunal

Hammertim wrote: I'm sure I have read somewhere that it is possible to go and watch a PIP tribunal, this would be good if it is possible as I support a young woman who is thinking about taking her appeal to the tribunal stage.

Thanks

Yes you can!

You need to contact the Clerk of the Court for a venue near you, they can tell which hearings are coming up and whether you can attend any of them, you can still be refused on the day.

The following page has a list of Tribunal venues with contact information.

www.appeals-service.gov.uk/Venues/venues.htm

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #144367 by QWERTY
Replied by QWERTY on topic Watching a PIP Tribunal
hi,

is it the norm for tribunals to be open to the public? i dread the thought of having to discuss health issues etc in front of audience.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144394 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Watching a PIP Tribunal

QWERTY wrote: hi,

is it the norm for tribunals to be open to the public? i dread the thought of having to discuss health issues etc in front of audience.

Tribunals are a Court of Law and therefore have to be open to the public, however, the only time anyone attends is likely to be when someone wants to see one in operation. The Clerk of the Court should ask whether you are happy with someone being present, if not then you can ask for it to be held in private.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #144451 by Bearer
Replied by Bearer on topic Watching a PIP Tribunal
I followed the excellent advice on this site (as in Supporting Clients with DLA/AA appeals).That is, I went to a Tribunal. I was glad that I had, as it gave me familiarity with the ins and outs, and it taught me the style of one judge and one doctor. I posted on here about it at the time, about four years ago. It was clear that it was very unusual for any member of the public to do this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.