× Members

2nd MR success I think

More
8 years 5 months ago #144010 by fluffy25
2nd MR success I think was created by fluffy25
Hi all as you will know from previous posts my wife was removed from dla HRC and HRM to pip SRC and no mobility even tho her conditions are degenerative and had worstened. After the decision we requested an MR but asked dwp to await further medical evidence and are arguments against the incorrect HP medical report but as previously stated they did not wait and the 1st MR was done 3 days after my request and agreed with origional decision..... I was furious so asked for a case manager to call me asap which they did and to cut a long story short they asked for evidence to be faxed over so they could ask the HP to have another look. I mainly argued the planning and following a journey question to try and save the motability car from being returned but no 2nd decision was receieved b4 the return date so that went back last week.

On a positive note (even tho it will not allow a car) my arguments against the report has led to a change of decision to increase care to high rate and to award standard mobility for a further 6 years. As sad as the loss of the car is we feel pleased that this has been sorted at the MR stage (i am unsure as to how many are successful to have an award increased without tribunal)? So based on some other members not being as lucky it could be said that we are pleased and would be foolish to go to tribunal and risk all the hard work being undone just for ERM (even tho i am 100% that based on the legislation and not the 'guidelines' more points should have been awarded for planning journey)

Thanks to all at B&W an i shall be sticking round to offer any help and advice that i can to members

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144036 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 2nd MR success I think
Fluffy

Congratulations on getting the Decision revised at the MR stage, I think you are about the third or fourth member who has reported success at the MR stage this week, the average is usually a lot lower.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.