× Members

ESA Disability Premium

More
8 years 5 months ago #144074 by nicola812
ESA Disability Premium was created by nicola812
Just off the phone to ESA about the disability premium and was told I am not entitled to this as still live with my mum (who works) only as a lodger though until the council re home myself.

Is this correct that I cannot be entitled to the premium because of this?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #144093 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic ESA Disability Premium
The disability premium is income related which means they could be taking your mothers income into account.
You should ask for a claim form anyway and fill it in if possible. Then you will get a proper decision which you can look at and see if there is any incorrect element to their decision. It has been known for telephone operators to 'fob' people off.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144110 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Disability Premium

nicnak812 wrote: Just off the phone to ESA about the disability premium and was told I am not entitled to this as still live with my mum (who works) only as a lodger though until the council re home myself.

Is this correct that I cannot be entitled to the premium because of this?

Thanks

If you are talking about the Severe Disability Premium, then one of the qualifying criteria is that you live alone or you are considered to live alone, the latter would be the case if your mother had an award of DLA MRC or HRC, PIP Daily Living or Attendance Allowance.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #144159 by nicola812
Replied by nicola812 on topic ESA Disability Premium
Thanks Gordon

I just live at home with my mum. It is myself who qualifys for standard pip daily living, i will defo be taking all these valuable comments on board and will get a form and see where it goes.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.