× Members

pip decision got 6 points only, now it is stopping

More
8 years 5 months ago #144103 by zozo
hi can anyone give me some advice plz my head is totally confused , i have rheumatoid arthritis and also pituitary tumour ,take antidepressants cause im always anxious and in pain , have injections each week for the r.a ..anyway cut along story short ,got a letter saying dla is changing to pip did my medical 3wks ago ,recieved there decision yday saying not entitled to it ,i have to hand back my mobility car next month ,all payments to be stopped ,so what do i do now ,i also had medical earlier this year and was put into a work support group ,which i appealed thru cab but i was turned down ,every day is a struggle and i relie on my 16 yr old daughter ,so where do i go from here ??? help please :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #144231 by foss27
If you disagree with the PIP decision you need to request a Mandatory Reconsideration.
You can ring the number on the decision letter to rquest this but you should also back it up by putting it in writing.
There is a guide to PIP appeals in the members only section.
You need the full decision letter which will show where you scored points and what evidence was used to make that award. You need to work through point by point, noting what you disagree with and why. Obtain further evidence to support your challenge.
You only have four weeks from the notification to request a MR so I suggest you ring them and put the letter in the post straight away.
Unfortunately your benefit ends four weeks after the decision you received so you have to hand back your car. I believe Motability are giving out £2000 grants to people handing back their cars under these circumstances to help mitigate losing the car. If you win any appeal your benefit will be backdated but you won't be compensated for the loss of the vehicle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.