× Members

DLA to PIP age 16

More
8 years 5 months ago #144128 by ejay1001
DLA to PIP age 16 was created by ejay1001
Hi I was wondering if anyone can advise please.
I am my sons appointee, he has ASD,OCD, dyspraxia and dyslexia, when he turned 16 we received the transfer letter so I made the phone calls, received forms filled them in with the help of your wonderful guides and sent it back with lots of evidence, including his Statement of sen and very detailed letters from his SENCO and SEN manager, I didn't get any correspondence untill today after 8 weeks I have received a letter saying.
......we've now got the information and reports we need about your condition and how it effects your claim to PIP were sorry its taken longer than expected to give you a decision on your claim but we'll contact you as soon as we've made a decision.
Does this means he may still have to go for a medical or have Atos already done a paper review and it is at the final decision stage? Due to my sons condition a medical assessment would be so traumatic for him and I was hoping it may be avoided if I sent in enough evidence.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #144137 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic DLA to PIP age 16
It sounds like they have everything they need to make a decision.

If they needed a face to face assessment it would have been a letter organising the appointment date, time etc.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144145 by ejay1001
Replied by ejay1001 on topic DLA to PIP age 16
Thanks foss27, that's what I was hoping, we have a neighbour who works for the cab and he said its a standard letter that they send out and he may still have to go for a medical.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144149 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP age 16

ejay1001 wrote: Thanks foss27, that's what I was hoping, we have a neighbour who works for the cab and he said its a standard letter that they send out and he may still have to go for a medical.

Whilst this is a standard letter, my understanding is that it is only sent out after the DWP have received back the claimants file from the Assessment Provider following a paper, telephone or face to face assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #144151 by ejay1001
Replied by ejay1001 on topic DLA to PIP age 16
I forgot to mention it was sent from Personal independence Payment 1 Mail handling site A Wolverhampton, does this show any relevance to how far the claim has gone? Thanks

More
8 years 5 months ago #144152 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP age 16

ejay1001 wrote: I forgot to mention it was sent from Personal independence Payment 1 Mail handling site A Wolverhampton, does this show any relevance to how far the claim has gone? Thanks

The next action should be a Decision on the claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ejay1001

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.