× Members

An unexpected glimmer of hope

• Lynsey
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #144214 by Lynsey
An unexpected glimmer of hope was created by Lynsey
Yesterday I received a document in the mail that I was not expecting: the neurologist I saw the other week sent me a copy of the letter he'd drafted to my GP following the consultation i had with the neurologist the other week.

He has inadvertantly rubbished several of the things that the health practitioner at my assessment said by actually stating that I've had these ongoing problems since my accident. I am so incredibly pleased about this.

This was a consultation that I asked my gp for because I said that after 23 years I could no longer cope with the effects of my brain injury - it is taking a toll on my mental health - and I would like to be put on some kind of medication that would help me if possible.

Funnily enough the decision maker actually stated that because i was on no medication these problems were not serious.

The neurologist has also said that although he's going to do further tests it is unlikely that any medication will be able to help me and Im now being referred for cognitive behaviour therapy as an alternative to help me learn coping strategies.

I'm really pleased with all of this and I do believe a neurologist confirming the serious effects of a brain injury trumps that of a person who by his own admission has no experience in that field. :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #144226 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic An unexpected glimmer of hope
Sounds like a great piece of evidence for your appeal.

• Lynsey
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #144256 by Lynsey
Replied by Lynsey on topic An unexpected glimmer of hope
Yes I believe so. And I see my gp today. I dont think they bothered to contact him and it says on my loriginal PIP letter that you have not ask your GP for a medical letter because they will do that.

I think he will be quite shocked at what the assessor has come up with. I have no doubt that he will also write me a letter if i ask him. Here's hoping.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.