× Members

Advice from a successful claimant

More
8 years 5 months ago #144389 by linz17
Advice from a successful claimant was created by linz17
Hi All,
My husband has been so fortunate insofar as he has been awarded both enhanced.
When Atos contacted us for an appt. I insisted that he was too ill to attend centres. Now there are two near to us, but I insisted that he could not walk from the parking area (Mob.car) It was decided that a home visit would be appropriate. I can only say that this helped enormously, home ground, available aids & not so much stress as you can imagine. I did NOT need to be that persuasive either (of course he has already the DLA award) but as they do not take this into account. So do not be afraid to push for this solution, it certainly did us a huge favour & from what I have read on B&W many people are just not fit to attend a centre.
Hope this is of some help, good luck to all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144403 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Advice from a successful claimant
Linz

Thanks for your post, I'm sure it will be of use to other members.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.