× Members

Tribunal and Appointee

More
8 years 5 months ago #144418 by lollo1
Tribunal and Appointee was created by lollo1
We are still waiting for a decision about our daughters DLA to PIP award. Not holding any hope or my breath may I add. Anyhow I have been reading through the next stages so if it comes to it I am prepared for MR or Tribunal. Can I ask though that as my daughters appointee if it did go to tribunal do I have the right to answer questions for her due to her communication difficulties associated with her Autism as she would be find it very difficult to answer questions and communicate effectively. It never occurred to me till I read someone else's recent post about someone else speaking at a tribunal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #144429 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Tribunal and Appointee
Hi

You can accompany her to the appeal hearing and speak but she will be spoken to by the panel members and you must give her a chance to speak before jumping in. If she is struggling you could advocate for her and say that it is all in the evidence on the form and you are her parent, helper, etc.
Did she have a face to face appointment for her claim? Are you worried because that did not go well or are they doing a paper assessment?

More
8 years 5 months ago #144442 by lollo1
Replied by lollo1 on topic Tribunal and Appointee
Hi Foss she should of had a F2F on the 4th November. When I contacted Atos to confirm that she would be able to go but would be unable to answer questions due to her communication difficulties and as her appointee could I. This lead to Atos saying no but DWP saying yes. Her communication difficulties were all listed and explained in her PIP2 along with supporting evidence form her consultant and Health Education Plan. The only way to get her out and about is with earphones and her Nintendo DS. She really is unable to communicate with strangers due to her Autism. Eventually when I rang Atos back they apologised and said they had cancelled the F2F and that they had more than enough evidence to carry out a paper based assessment. I have had a letter from DWP apologising for the time it is taking to make a decision and that all reports were back. I have requested a copy of the HP report but just want to have all my ducks in a row.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.