× Members

No sick note letters

• Nicole
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #144458 by Nicole
No sick note letters was created by Nicole
Hey guys! So my last sick note ran out on the 27th October 2015 but as yet I've not received a letter to say I've to send one in and I've not gotten a letter to say I don't need to send one in. I'm starting to panic a little bit so any help is much appreciated! Also I'm starting the Open University in January, do I need to tell the DWP about that? I'm not getting any payments from the OU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #144481 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic No sick note letters
Do you have any reason to believe you didn't need to send one in?

Are you in receipt of benefit?
If you don't send another sick note normally any benefit would stop unless your circumstances changed which led you to believe you didn't need any more notes.
Its difficult to advise without further info.
If you are worried you might not get a benefit payment then I would suggest you call them and clarify the situation.
I think you should probably tell them about the OU even though you aren't getting any money, its kind of a change in circumstances. You can explain how you are going to manage it given whatever limitations your physical or mental health might impose.

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago #144492 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic No sick note letters
Hi N,

Looking back at your previous topic : Here it seems that you have been placed into The SG.

That being the case, you no longer have to provide Sick Notes (fit notes)

This should have been confirmed in writing in your ESA SG Decision Notice letter.

bro58

• Nicole
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #144529 by Nicole
Replied by Nicole on topic No sick note letters
Hi bro58

Thanks for replying. I didn't get a letter saying I had been placed in the support group I was told on the phone and even then they didn't say I didn't have to send sick notes in.

• Nicole
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #144532 by Nicole
Replied by Nicole on topic No sick note letters
I'm getting ESA and PIP and was told I'm in the support group and I didn't get a letter or a phone call as yet to say I didn't need to send one in.

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago #144540 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic No sick note letters
Hi N,

You should have received a written Decision Notice confirming your SG Award, you have a legal right to it.

Once a claimant has been assessed and placed into a "group" (WRAG or SG) they no longer need to provide Sick (Fit) Notes.

If you have any doubts, you should contact ESA :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA. (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

They should be able to check on-screen and confirm that you are in The SG.

You could also request that they send you a Decision Notice letter if you never received one.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.