× Members

War Disablement Pensions (WDPs)

More
8 years 5 months ago #144598 by TheHud
Replied by TheHud on topic War Disablement Pensions (WDPs)
Thanks Peter and mod ;)

I have sent in the application for review along with a GP letter and the letters from the hosp. Useful info about requesting med notes, I did request many years ago but was fobbed off with the usual blah about information covered by etc...

However, we now have freedom of info and also the surgeons who carried out my op, along with 75 other 'young fit service personnel', their words, had written and published on the results many years ago (only recently found their little experiment research paper) . My op turned out different because degenerative change had already occurred, too late for the revolutionary fix. They did it anyway along with a more extensive fiddle around. Yes my back and hip is agony after years of trying to walk normal when the lower part of my leg really wants to turn 90 degrees out. Plus other knee now even worse having carried the right one. This is noted in hosp stuff but not the letters I sent in.

It will be interesting to actually see what they put down in my records.

Cheers again :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144722 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic War Disablement Pensions (WDPs)
fingers crossed Norcross will get their act together and rule in your favour; the have already accepted that the original damage to your knees was service related. It could be argued that any further damage (ageing process) is as a result of the original injuries? Anyway, don't let them fob you off if the come back and say no. They have a bad habit of doing that! If you don't mind me asking how long did you serve and what is the nature of the incident in which you were injured? We have a FB page for veterans (UK war Pensioners) should you wish to seek further advice, full,of old farts barrack room lawyers with years of experience! Pete
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by .
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheHud

More
8 years 5 months ago #144729 by TheHud
Replied by TheHud on topic War Disablement Pensions (WDPs)
Long story, I signed for 9 years only served 3 ish. They told me the damage to my joints was not as a result of what i did (became involved in) but because I had rheumatoid arthritis and forces life had made it worse. this followed failed operation to 'fix' things. I lived with this for many years until things got so bad, knee wise etc I went to the docs, 9 years ago now, they sent me to rheumatology, they found inflammatory arthritis but not RA factor in blood. Still may have RA, but I may have lived a much lesser life because i was told, no stairs, bikes, team sports, any sports or I will be in a wheelchair. They offered knee replacements as an option to stay in. No chance, not after the last c.ckup.

S at 20, I went from super fit with general pain in my joints, to crippled and no recourse to challenge until now. Knowing what they wrote compared to what they told me should be interesting. My hands, neck, knees became damaged during the course of an 'exercise', we were at war in the 1980's too. People forget.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.