× Members

Recording ATOS hone interview?

More
8 years 5 months ago #144531 by Lawrence
Recording ATOS hone interview? was created by Lawrence
Hi,

I initiated a change of circumstances (for the worse) in my long standing lower level DLA (I was due for a review/change to PIP in the very near future anyway) and have today received confirmation that I will be having a home interview early in December.

The home interview is as a result of my deteriorating eyesight, I said on the PIP application that it would be very difficult for me to attend an external interview.

Is it acceptable for me to record the interview with the ATOS `qualified health professional`?

Regards,

L.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144546 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Recording ATOS hone interview?
Lawrence

You have two options;

- You can covertly record the interview, however, you need to be aware that if the assessor realises that you are doing this then they can curtail the assessment as mark you as failing to participate.

- You can overtly record the session, but only with the prior consent of the Assessment Provider (AP), you will need to provide a dual recording facility, two cassette or CD recording devices will do, you cannot make an electronic recording and then provide a copy.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lawrence

More
8 years 5 months ago #144591 by Waf
Replied by Waf on topic Recording ATOS hone interview?
Just to back up Gordons advice.

An alternative to recording is to ask someone whom you trust to be at the interview with you and for them to take notes.
To the best of my knowledge they cannot refuse you having a supporter present.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144611 by Lawrence
Replied by Lawrence on topic Recording ATOS hone interview?
Thanks for the rely. I had noted that I can have someone present during the interview within the appointment letter. My wife will be with me at the interview.
L

• apricot
8 years 5 months ago #144673 by apricot
Replied by apricot on topic Recording ATOS hone interview?
Your wife could covertly record as well as taking notes.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.