× Members

dla help

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144733 by Markov
dla help was created by Markov
Hi there can anyone help me. I am currently on middle rate care and low rate mibility. I feel and so does my doctor that I should be on high rate care but I am scared to challenge the decision in case I rocked the boat and they lowered my award or stopped it.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago #144740 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic dla help

Markov wrote: Hi there can anyone help me. I am currently on middle rate care and low rate mibility. I feel and so does my doctor that I should be on high rate care but I am scared to challenge the decision in case I rocked the boat and they lowered my award or stopped it.

Hi M,

Unless you live in N Ireland, if you report a change of circumstances to DLA and ask them to review your current DLA Awards, you will be reassessed for PIP.

As you may know, the qualifying criteria for DLA and PIP are very different.

Unless you were 65 or over on 08/04/13, you should be invited to claim PIP some time over the next 2-3 year period anyway.

See : PIP Points Scoring System.

PIP Self Test.

&

This Post.

bro58

More
8 years 4 months ago #145413 by Markov
Replied by Markov on topic dla help
I live in Northern Ireland. Scared though to challenge decision incase they stop my award all together.

• bro58
8 years 4 months ago #145424 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic dla help

Markov wrote: I live in Northern Ireland. Scared though to challenge decision incase they stop my award all together.

Hi M,

I am afraid this is only a decision that you can make !

DLA FAQ’s

DLA Guides

DM Guide DLA & AA

Good luck ! :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.