× Members

Some PIP success at First Tier Tribunal

More
8 years 4 months ago #145226 by fil501
PIP claim initiated August 2014 for ME/CFS. Zero points awarded after ATOS home assessment in March 2015, which is why I sought help from the internet.

Tribunal awarded 8 points for Mobility, but only 2 points for Daily Living, yet my whole appeal was focused on Daily Living. No point for dosette box!! 2 year award.

I found the guides gave me some extra confidence in appealing, but due to cognitive impairment I found it very hard trying to make sense of so much information. No regrets though!

It was a relief to be awarded something, but I definitely feel like I've been short changed. Me thinks the Statement of Reasons request is the next step... so the fun (aka stress!) continues :blink: :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145230 by Waf
Replied by Waf on topic Some PIP success at First Tier Tribunal
Hello Fil501

glad that you have had at least some recognition of your condition for benefits purposes. Congratulations for doing it yourself.

The following is a link to the decision makers guide for benefits staff which may be of use in your SoR (Statement of Reasons).

www.gov.uk/government/collections/decisi...rs-guide-staff-guide

If you are having cognitive and mobility impairment then you can ask your local authority for a community care assessment.
Details of this should be available on your local authority web site.
This forum is not equipped to give any further help about community care assessments.

As you are talking about the specifics of a claim, and we can only help with generalities, it may be a good idea to find a local free at source advice centre who can look at letters and other documents in detail and discuss them and their implications.
Sorry we cannot do that here.

But please don't stop asking questions here, if we can help we will help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fil501

More
8 years 4 months ago #145433 by fil501
Replied by fil501 on topic Some PIP success at First Tier Tribunal
Regarding generalities: I am wondering if my recent award for lower rate PIP mobility can be used to score 15 points for 'mobilising' in my current ESA claim, which is still in the assessment phase.

I'm sure I have read stuff about this before, but my brain feels like jelly most of the time and the thought of re-reading it all is simply too daunting.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145453 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Some PIP success at First Tier Tribunal

fil501 wrote: Regarding generalities: I am wondering if my recent award for lower rate PIP mobility can be used to score 15 points for 'mobilising' in my current ESA claim, which is still in the assessment phase.

I'm sure I have read stuff about this before, but my brain feels like jelly most of the time and the thought of re-reading it all is simply too daunting.

It will in part but only in part!

The PIP test looks at your ability to stand and walk, however, ESA looks at your ability to Mobilise, in addition to walking, your ability to self-propel a manual wheelchair will also be looked at, you do not need to use or even own a manual wheelchair for the usage to be considered as long as it is considered reasonable by the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 4 months ago #145457 by fil501
Replied by fil501 on topic Some PIP success at First Tier Tribunal
I'll keep my fingers crossed then, as I previously stated on ESA50 that I struggled to mobilise on foot & in a self-propelled wheelchair, as the energy drain is equally detrimental (in cases of ME/CFS). Thanks Gordon!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.